Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

C421 GPS Problem

Guest Fly1

First off I want to say this is a very nice aircraft. I have had to convert the textures a bit for best system performance, but otherwise great.A problem I am having is when entering airport ID's. On the third character the "Error Report" screen appears, then I'm dumped to desktop.Any comments would be appreciated.Thanks!!Bob C.

How did you convert the textures for better performance? I would be very interested. Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Guest Fly1

After viewing several post's here regarding the large size of the texture files for this aircraft, I tried using imagetool to convert the interior and tire tex's to DXT1 and fuselage and wings to DXT3 formats. Much smoother performance.Path to imagetool:FS2002gmaxFlightsimgamepacksFlightSimimagetool.exeBob C.

Hi Bob,Head on over to our support forum at www.simforums.com/forumsAnd go to the support forum. The top title will send you to a link that will most likly cure your problem.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Guest Fly1

Thanks Jim for the help. Seems to work fine now.Really appreciate the support!!Bob C.

I tried changing the outside textures to DX3 and all I got was an allmetal texture nof the airplane even the pilots looked like terminator.Is there a proper procedure to do this besides selecting the bitmap and then press Format>DXT3.

Guest Fly1

I also had that problem when I added a new skin. The new one worked fine but the original was chrome.I made sure to make a back up the default textures before converting.To fix the chrome, I copied the default cockpit, fuselage and wing textures into the texture directory that was chroming, then converted again per the above list. Worked fine.Bob C.