Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

PSS B772LR - Nose up attitude......

Guest melf12

I'm having a problem with my PSS T7, when I'm on approach I seem to have an exaggerated nose up attitude in the turns. I don't know if it's due to low speed or too much flap..or both?Any help would be appreciated.Ken

Use the FMC to determine your approach speed at various flap settings on the approach. Those speeds will vary with weight - the heavier you are and the slower you go, the higher the nose will be... make sure you add flap before you get to the speed for next flap setting. Also make sure you have both patches for the model. If you need them you can get them from JustFlight support.DJ

Guest melf12

Hi D], thanks for your reply.I didn't know there were any patches for the PSS T7, thanks for the heads up. On my way to Just Flight :)Ken

Guest melf12

I downloaded the 2 updates OK; though it did say, on the JF website that the updates were not for download B777's?So, I need some more info before trying them.Ken

Whether or not you need them depends on where and when you got the plane -- if you downloaded it from JF you already have them. If you downloaded from PSS, then you might need them. I suggest in that case you make a backup of your existing files and apply the patches.DJ

Guest melf12

Thanks D], I'll give that a try.Ken

I bought my CD-ROM from Flight1 Software and they didn't seem to know if I needed the two patches from PSS. So I downloaded the patches and applied them one by one, doing re-starts of Windows and of FS2004 in the process to make sure they "took" normally. I had figured that if the CD-ROM were already patched, I might get a message telling me something to that effect, but I received no messages when I applied the patches.So far, the T-7 flies very well and all works nicely. Slightly twitchy in turns but in real life, she is twitchier than the 747-400 as far as I can tell from a pax perspective. Also, on a recent flight in a real world US T-7 to KIAD from EGLL, we had a LOT of pitch up turning to final at low speed. It reminded me of the sim !JS

Sorry, the patches were downloaded from JUST FLIGHT, not PSS, although I did buy the CD-ROM from Flight1 Software. So maybe the answer is that you need the patches if you have the CD-ROM only.JS

Guest melf12

Thanks for the info JS.I will leave the updates alone.Ken

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.