Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

PSS B772LR - Pitch settings

Glad pitch is somewhat improved... the waggling wings effect is a new one, but I suspect that 145 knots is too slow too early at over 500,000 pounds - I have no data on max landing weights with the T7. Perhaps someone who does can jump in? I generally keep the speed up until the marker and then begin to decelerate to my landing speed, just reaching it over the threshold.I have no idea what is causing your GW to increase as you describe. I won't have any flying time until the coming weekend, but will fly the T7 then and keep a close eye on weight.DJ

An additional note; since I wrote my last reply, I found an Air France press release that notes the MLW of the 777-300ER as 251.3 tonnes and the MLW of the 777-200ER at 208.6 tonnes. Consequently, I suspect that 279.1 tonnes is a bit much. I suggest that you would have better response at substantially lower weights...DJ

Guest melf12

Hi D],"I suggest that you would have better response at substantially lower weights..."Indeed, you are quite right! After my last reply I discovered (de briefing :) ) that all fuel tanks were full!! after landing? It beats me how this could have happened, but I can now understand what caused the wing waggling.The very good news is that yesterdays flight was perfect, and the landing a delight to behold. (Replay). The acute pitch up in the turns has gone, replaced by a normal turn.My thanks to you for your help in solving this problem. Also, I appreciate your manner in explaining what needed to be done.Best regards,Ken

I'm glad that things are looking up and that you're having good flights again. You are, of course, most welcome.I have to admit that I'm really puzzled by the full tanks, but it seems to have cleared up since you had a perfect flight.Regards,DJ

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.