Sign in to follow this  
Peter Clark

OK, I don't wanna meet the guy from FSDO again ;0

Greetings,Ok, I have an IFR plan from KLAS->KBOS with the last 3 waypoints being BUF, ALB, KBOS (yea, I should probabally re-export with it being BUF, ALB, GDM, KBOS, but anyway...)I have holding set at 10%. Co-pilot has the comms. We get east of ALB, continue our descent as directed to FL190, and arrival closes the door due to weather or whatever. So, we get told to turn 280 direct ALB when able and expect hold vectors. Fine, no biggie, off goes LNAV, dial up 280, then when we're there turn direct ALB. OK, get to ALB, keep going... and going.. about 20NM, then we're told that all's well with the world again, turn 095 until receive suitable for own nav, direct when able. OK, so, right turn to 095, we pass from the north-east to south-east of ALB, turn left onto the jetway to get back to BOS, and now I'm told that I'm not navigating right, turn left 270 until suitable for own nav, direct when able. Um, ok, that sends me back to ALB. Which is not the active waypoint in the RC window. Fine, back to ALB, cross ALB within .05NM, turn back to BOS, busted again. Nothing I do from here out lets me get out of the vectors loop which all point back to ALB.What am I expected to be doing here? I thought the direct when able meant to the next planned waypoint, KBOS.This is with 3.10.2205, FS2K2.Thanks in advance,P

sorry, somehow i didn't see this post.how far is ALB from KBOS? is there not a VOR on the field or close to KBOS? make that your last checkpoint, and try it again.jd

Greetings,No problem, these things happen.Anyway, I went back in and re-exported my FSNavigator plan with ALB/GDM/BOS/KBOS as the final waypoints and things seem happier now. Looking at it again I was surprised that it was ALB/KBOS as the final points because I could have sworn that I had put the entire ALB.GDM3 arrival into the flightplan before exporting it......Anyway, thanks again!Take care,P