Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

How fare are you done with RC3.0 ??

I step by step beginn to hate the ATC of FS2002, 'cause it doesnt support SID/STAR and no emergencies. And that's what I need, 'cause I practice emergencies with PIC, PSS Aircrafts and Dreamfleets.I know the upcoming RC3.0 will be a much better replacement for the FS2k2 ATC. So, please tell me (us), will the new version be available this summer or by the end of the year?Regardst_a_h

t_a_h,Two phrases you'll need to become familiar with in regard to new versions of Radar Contact are:"It will be released when it's ready"and"Quality, not Calendar"also sometimes abbreviated as"Q not C"The entire Radar Contact staff are very dedicated to bring everyone the most realistic simulated Air Traffic Control experience available. They are also very conscious of functionality to ensure years of trouble free use. Pushing the envelope of realism always takes time. I'm by no means an official source of information but there are messages in various threads in this forum suggesting that version three will most likely be ready for release sometime before the end of this year. Spend some time reading up on older messages and you'll find a lot of great info on upcoming features!:-waveMike CollierKPHX[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=2] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]http://www.dispatcher.org|Dispatcher' target="_blank"> America West Airlines and proud to be a Beta Tester of[link:www.jdtllc.com]Radar Contact]The premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Hopefully before FS2K4 hehe ;-) . Wonder if it will be compatible?? CheersLars

Guest Scott Campbell

Lars,Absolutely. We no longer care about FS version, only FSUIPC and FS_Meteo version. ;-) It's the BEST new feature of RC!

Guest RobA

Scott, I thought JD and Doug stopped adding new features to RC3 a long time ago!!!! :-lol I've seen quite a few new goodies added since the deadline to stop adding stuff...ahahahaha It just keeps on getting better. Having RC work with fsuipcfsmeteo to lock to the destination weather is pretty slick, eh? So, when you declare a Change of Destination the arrival weather will be automatically updated...cool. :-)Best, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Well, you are right!Q but C!Well, tell us if you are ready about 50% or 70%? I know, the time just befor and after betatesting will be the probably longest and hardest time and only the last 10% of all the work, but 90% of the time needed.But are you 70% ready befor beta? I dont care if it will be this summer or just about x-mess when you'll start selling it.All but ATC is as realistic as can be within FS2k2. All these nice Weather and Mesh and Geo and ADDON Scenery and Planes and other ADDONS does it. But you are the only guys whom produce a workaround of this sooo unrealistic ATC of FS2k2. So, you gonna make some money when it will be ready and you start selling!!! There is such a big need for exactly what you are producing right now!!!

Guest Scott Campbell

T,>All but ATC is as realistic as can be within FS2k2. All >these nice Weather and Mesh and Geo and ADDON Scenery and >Planes and other ADDONS does it. But you are the only guys >whom produce a workaround of this sooo unrealistic ATC of >FS2k2. So, you gonna make some money when it will be ready >and you start selling!!! There is such a big need for >exactly what you are producing right now!!! JD and Doug know that. That's why they're taking care to have a product that will be flawless as can be and well tested in all areas of its functionality. The combinations of what you can do in V3 is mind boggling. Testing will just take a long time.When JD and Doug are happy that the rules for the US and Europe and elsewhere are right (well, at least close), and procedures are right, and the code doesn't break, and you can do anything you need to relative to the real world, it'll be released.V3 is a completely new program, so it just takes longer than to update the old method.Patience, it won't be so long. ;-)

Almost no one ever ask the when question but everyone wants to know.Look at the reviewed column (477 and counting).See what I mean.Can't wait/must wait!!Bill

Guest Scott Campbell

Bill (and the now 485 viewers),Trust me - it's well worth the wait. ;-)

Very encouraging, nearly 500! Testing's going well. I just loaded the v3 Pages onto my laptop. That means we're getting there .You need to applaud our beta team! There's no way John and I could've accomplished so much in... shoot, I've forgotten when we started v3 design.Anyone need any venison for the winter ?Doug

Guest Scott Campbell

Really? Only a year and a half? It feels like decades! :((Okay, maybe only 5 years. Perhaps I shoulda been less picky about stuff like the wavs and IAP and it would have gone faster. ;-))