Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murf

Busted Altitude

Guest Murf

I seem to be having a problem with RC and descent altitude. This is what happens....I'm at cruise FL350, centre tells me d/m FL230 I hear my pilot acknowledge and I am dialing in the new altitude and setting my descent rate. Within 5-10 seconds I'm getting the controller telling me to check my altitude that I am not at my assigned altitude. Seems RC is not giving me enough time to even begin my descent before the controller jumps on me.I'm using FS2K2, RC2.2, FSMETEO, PIC767.Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

couple of thoughts.are you flying at 2x or 4x? if so, don't in these sensitive little areasi'm assuming your altimeter is set for 29.92 when you are 350, and not local pressure.what is your altitude deviation set for?

Guest Murf

>couple of thoughts. >>are you flying at 2x or 4x? if so, don't in these sensitive >little areas >I do all my flying at regular speed.>i'm assuming your altimeter is set for 29.92 when you are >350, and not local pressure. Yep set for 29.92 standard>>what is your altitude deviation set for? You got me here... Where would I find this?

Guest Murf

>>what is your altitude deviation set for? >>You got me here... Where would I find this? Nevermind I just found it. It is set to 300.

the other possibility, is that if there is a lot of chatter playing, then the instructions to descend and maintain is "queued" up behind the chatter, but the timer to see if you are descending yet is started, and by the time the chatter ends, and you get the instructions, you're already too latetry reducing the chatter frequencylucky this is fixed in v3 ;-)

Guest Murf

>try reducing the chatter frequency I'll give that a try! Thanks!>lucky this is fixed in v3 ;-) I've only been using RC for a short time and I'm already hooked. Like a lot of other people I'm looking forward to ver 3.One quick question about Ver 3... Will it be compatible with the AI aircraft? So that traffic alerts will reflect the actual AI aircraft? Will RC3 control the AI aircraft? And will we here those calls as "chatter"?Ok more than one quick question. Sorry... :-)

Guest Murf

>try reducing the chatter frequency >Sorry jd, but where is the setting for the chatter frequency located?

oops, sorry. v3 on the mind.try turning chatter off, and see if the problem goes away.