Sign in to follow this  

Chatter

Hi,the thing that makes RC3 most realistic for me is the background chatter. (e.g. in spain). Where can i find chatter to download, espacially for germany, italy and other european countries??giochips

my understanding is, it is illegal to record in germanyall it takes a few people with scanners, and willing to record. we could have all of europe, minus germanycheck avsim for "chatter"there is a section in the manual on how to add your own chatterjd

Hi Giochips,Best advice I can give you is search the file library of both AVSIM and Flightsim.com for these parameters "chatter" "FS2000 sound". You can get German, UK English and Spanish sounds, all you want. Then go to the manual and check on the section called How to add Chatter, and you will get total regional sound immersion.Turst me, if you could hear my RC on final into Frnakfurt you would belive that this was a German RC installation. I have also moved Spanish files included in RCv3 into a number of places that Spanish is the first language.It is easy to do, just read the manual (grin)Bob

Hi Bob,where did you get these chatter files to have frankfurt sound like real? I was now searching for hours for those files in diverse sites, but cannot find any german chatter files. I mostly fly in europe and germany, 'cause I live here. So, if you cannot point out the source location (url link etc.), you may send me the files via mail. I enjoy a ADSL cable connection, so bandwidth is no matter with me.ThanxTorben.

Guest Scott Campbell

It would be great if everyone with legal chatter, and the creator's e-mail, would send me that info so I can put it onto my RCv3 page.

Hi Everyone,All you have to do is go to Flightsim.com and go to the search library function. select "chatter" and then go "All Sections" You will get all kinds of chatter files.But here is one for Germany: http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/file?rk=2XXGd....htm%2600:25:05Try these, these are public chatter recordings.Let me know if you have problems at my email: bobbyjoh@attbi.comCheersBob Johnons

Dear Bob,Thanks for your help with installing chatter. I have done this successfully but I am wondering if you can place chatter specific to each airport. I fly from the UK to Europe. I have installed additional wavs for London FIR but can I place specific files for Heathrow to be played when I am at Heathrow and then other files specific to London Gatwick when I am on the ground.There appears to be lots of files available for the Uk but are all based around London. Just wanted to see if I could get further realism eg. some files have controllers giving clearances for sids at heathrow, not so good if you are at Gatwick.ThanksClowesy

Guest Scott Campbell

Clowesy ,Just make folder by the ICAO code names (e.g. EGLL) and put the chatter in there. Then you have airport-specific chatter.

Scott,Thanks for the prompt reply. When I create the file as ICAO code do I need all the sub folders? gnd, twr, atc1, atc2 etc. Also do I need to add this to any config files or will it be accepted whenever I am that particular airport?Many thanksClowesy

Guest Scott Campbell

Clowesy,Yes, everything is just the same as the center and country folders.(Addt'l)The priority RC uses to play chatter is:Local/ICAO folder -> folder named in sector (numbered) folder -> sector folder.If nothing is found in the local, RC looks in the $name folder, then the numbered folder itself.

the wav files need to be named correctly. this information is covered in the manuallook in the winwoodksfo directory, and see how the files are named, and which folders they are in.when you get done with renaming, and putting them in the right subdirectories, why don't you zip it up, and send it to scott, so he can host it

Thanks JD and Scott,I will, good idea. Thanks for all your helpCheersClowesy

Guest Scott Campbell

do NOT e-mail them to Scott. Instead, just e-mail me and I'll give you an FTP address to upload to.It's much better on my e-mail server that way. ;-)