Sign in to follow this  

Runtime error....

Never thought that i should be happy about MS-ATC, but it saved my life today... Shortly before landing at Calgary, i heard this "SQUURP"-sound and then total silence from Radar Contact. No commands, complaints or chat or anything - just a noisy silence.Minimizing the simulator and clicking at the minimized RC-icon, i got this box saying:Runtime-error 5Invalid Procedurecall of program Then clicked at the MS-ATC button and let that take over and i was able to make the rest of the trip - guided. OK - strange thing's goes on at Calgary. Myself and a few others were sent to rwy 34, but others - mainly Cessnas were sent to rwy 16, but eventhough Bill tried his best, i didn't collide with anyone.. :-)But i must admit i said some not so nice words when it happened...Btw - it's still hopeless to choose the flightplan without having to go through the libraries manually. Have a feeling it has something to do with various international versions of Windows or keyboards - or whatever...

Guest Scott Campbell

Lars,A few of us have had that, and others on the forum have reported it. JD has no idea what's causing it, and without dats can't do anything to find it.When some lucky person has a dat before that happens, JD can pin it down and exterminate it.

Hehe - so one should save the file some 30 sec. before it happens..?? I can do a lot of tricks, but this isn't one of them.. :-lolAnyway - it's the first time i have experienced it. Maybe if the program was doing an automatic save during the flight, with a certain interval, like FSassist did, then at least you could go back and continue the flight from where you were at the time of the last saving?? :-)

Guest Scott Campbell

Lars,no, no. It'll take JD 30 seconds to find it, with 25 of those loading the dat. ;-)