Sign in to follow this  
KennyG

IAP Approach

When doing an IAP approach where there is no approach control after selecting rwy and approach at approx 40 miles from destination airport I receive decent until initial.If I attempt to deviate from the heading which is usually direct to the airport in order to set up for an Ils approach I am told do you see yourself on course, fly heading XXXOnce I am within 10 miles of the airport I am advised radar service terminated contact Tower.After this command I can then diviate to do the full approach.Is there a command I am not requesting which will allow me to diviate prior to radar service being terminated, which will let me set up for the ILS approach without going direct to the airport.Tks. for any reply,sKenny G.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think what is supposed to happen is....1. You request an IAP from center.2. Center tells you "you can expect that."3. At some point later (I forget exactly how far out from the airport this occurs) center clears you to fly the iap and tells you to contact tower.4. Tower acknowledges and gives you runway and wind information.5. Once you're established on final tower contacts you and clears you to land.Did you ever get the clearance to fly the iap?Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]MyTraffic/Radar Contact/FSMeteo/FSSE/FSassist/FDC