Sign in to follow this  

PIC A320

Hi all,is there anybody who can get RC3 work properly togehter with Wilco's PIC A320 before/after its first patch?Every attempt leads to some problems..either ATIS voice won't work or trouble with frequency settings after T/O.Any ideas are welcome...

i'll let someone who uses the a320 comment on if they are having problems.what frequency is giving you a problem? are you switching the frquencies manually? trying to get the co-pilot to switch them for you? are you allowing .25mhz frquencies in your fs2002 options?jd

Hi JD,yes, .25mHz is allowed. Copilot switches the frequencies for me.The problems starts right at the beginning, when I want tune the ATIS, e.g.

Do the frequencies change in the radio? When I use the FS ATC dialog the radios are tuned automatically by FS, but not the XPDR code.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Hi Chris ,Same here with PIC A320. Can't have it work properly together before/after the patch.All runs well until I have to switch over to Tower prior of taking off. When entering 1 ( to change to tower freq. ) the following menu to switch to dept appears , but without receiving any instructions from Tower . From then on all goes the wrong way..Hope the A320Pic team finds a solution for this problem.Best rgdsDan.

Hi ,Did a couple of flights handling the radios myself and everything went OK from start to end of the flight . So there seems only be a problem when RC is handling the radios of the A320PIC .Best RgdsDan.

since rc handles the comms correctly in every other plane, i might look at the a320, and see what the problem might be.try a different plane, and see if rc works correctly. maybe the a320 doesn't use the same "fs-compatible" methods for doing radio frequenciesjd

Guest jase439

It doesn't work very well with the Airbus. I've run into some quirky behaviors with radio tuning as well. Sometimes RC doesn't recognize my keypresses. Using Otto is right out (which is almost always the case for any aircraft with a custom panel).J

Hi JD,I have the same problem. The PIC-A320 seems to be incompatible with RC301. AntiCyclone already told me that they use non standart programming of there radio. They told me further that they may program another version of there radio functions in another update. Well, maybe it just needs little changes in the code and a smal patch could be made. Please get together and communicate about that with AntiCyclone. Otherwise they may loos some customers who doesnt wanna fly without RC. Till today all aircrafts, no matter if freeware or payware, have standart radio functions in use, but PIC-A320. I fly EVERY airliner and many GA flights with RC301 and just love it. I have the feeling that I cannot enjoy PIC-A320 as much as I could due to this problem. I already posted a message in this other forum of Wilco, but that doesnt mean that you dont need to communicate with them...Please, this FS2kx world is one where all live together no matter if religions, cultures or countries are different, we wanna work together in peace. That for is this AVSIM Forum system. So all, please use it to communicate.

Guest Scott Campbell

Since Torben has mentioned that the A320 uses non-standard programming (and that makes absolutely no sense to me), the only real solution until AntiCyclone gets their act together is to add a radio stack with the stock 737 radios.I'll let others post the procedure on how to do this if you don't know how, but you'll have to make another window with the stock 737 radio gauges and audio panel. You should have the Comm1 radio, and can have the Comm2 radio for monitoring FSATC. But you should have FSATC on Comm2, either with the A320 radio panel, and/or the stock radio panel. Otherwise you'll have cross-talk between RC and FSATC you might not want.If the Nav radios are also non-standard (and that also makes no sense), then you'll also have to add at least the stock Nav1 radio).This should fix the proboem until the A320 has standard radio programming.

Hi Scott,thank you. I think, this is a very good idea.Maybe the procedure to add a radio stack is similar to that described in the manual of RC concerning Wilco's PIC767 - if not, another simple instruction would be welcome.

thanks scott for that info on another comm , but i have tried that, the problem that i see is that a320 has a comm 1 and 2 so therefore when i created another radio deck , all it does is mimmic the main panel.both i and 2 are set to 1 in a310.so if both are active how do you set it up where the comm you created works.thanks.............Robert

Guest Scott Campbell

Use the default audio panel gauge, if not already on the panel, and make sure "BTH" (Both) is not on, and Comm2 is active.The point of adding the default comm radio gauges is so RC can set the comm frequency. The post I added above is simply for that purpose and should work, but the PIC A320 radio gauge frequency won't be changed because of the non-standard programming issue.

Guest United

My Radar Contact radios won't work about 1/2 the time with PICA320, I have to manually enter the frequencies into A320PIC and they work just fine!!! And this is just for Ground, Tower and Departure. Only very rarely does the Co-Pilot not work for me for center frequency changes, anyway, that's my experience.Randy Jura, KPDX

maybe im not getting this , what do you mean by manualy, using the mouse and clicking on the radio or using radar contact and using 1 thru 0.i dont know about you but i need the co-pilot to handle this when im taking off, and besides it takes to long to fumble with the mouse to get instructions espacially you did not get the info right the first time.and im not for sure how Scott says to do this, the second com works fine with the other planes but not on this one, com 2 mimmics everything comm 1 does so nothing changes.at least for me to fly this amazing plane i must have the radio working properly, im tring to get use to fling in vurtial mode.so i guess all im asking is how to get the second comm2 to work in sinc with radar control, where does the default comm on a320 have to be set and please tell me how. i have followed the instructions on getting a second comm.thanks..................camtech