Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

And You Thought Mr. Bill was BAD

For all you guys that thought Mr. Bill was a Bad A.. Last night I set up a FS9 flight with RC3.1 from Chicago Midway back to Cleveland. I had saved my gate position from the previous flight.I was using FS ATC as chatter in a VFR mode like I've done hundreds of times in FS2002. I didn't think anything about it when, on the FS ATC pop up it only said Turn on Progressive Taxi and nothing else :-hmmm Well, that had happened in FS2002 and I have taken off with no input from FS2002 ATC without a problem so off I went to the active runway. As I held short I still only saw Turn on Progressive Taxi so I went to Spot mode to look around. There was the progressive taxi to the gate I was assigned in my previous flight. Huh? :-hmmm Oh, well. RC cleared me to position and hold on 4R then cleared me for take off. Still nothing from FS ATC. OK. Here we go.....After rotation, climbing through 800 ft or so, FS ATC tells me JetLink 2326 You are not cleared for take off. Then, POOF. The sim just went away. No freeze, no minimize just NO MORE FS9 at all!!!!! :-fume What the ??? *:-*I guess RC's Mr. Bill is really a nice guy after all. The other Mr. Bill (Gates) does NOT like you ignoring his ATC guys......Lesson learned. I'm going to stay with FS2002 for now 'cause I'm only getting 6-16 fps on my 2.4 Ghz machine and it's a slide show landing in any weather at all.....:-wave

Guest edrutl

Steve,I don't know the specs, but there it sounds like something isn't configured right with your machine. I'm running with with a P4 2.8 and have yet to see single digit frame rates at anything but unrealistic settings (maxed out at LA, etc.)And I've never had a crash in 3 1/2 weeks.ed

Ed, Are you using Windows XP? I'm still with Win98Se and the restriction of 512 Mb of RAM might be a factor. Other than that, I've continued to tweek and now am averaging around 19-21 except when I am on approach to Cleveland. I've installed Shez's KCLE2003 scenery in FS9 (it's GMax). Get good frames while on the ground at KCLE but on approach from about 12 miles out it goes below 1 fps for some reason until I'm about 2 miles out then it goes back up slowly... The FS9 crash I describe in this thread is the only crash I've encountered thus far in FS9, however. It's just funny that it happened right after I was told I wasn't cleared for takeoff.