Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Taxi Into Position and Hold . . . FOREVER

http://www.aopa.org/images/asf/taxi/00264AD.pdfis KMSP. AI is landing 12R with about eight to twelve mile spacing on ILS approaches. AI and myself are departing 4.The AI before me in the lineup neatly taxi into position, hold, and get cleared to roll in between the farther spaced landing aircraft finals. I get taxied into position and held what seems forever. I have a TCAS gauge indicating some approaches were widely spaced and I should have been cleared to roll in my turbo-prop.I aborted, taxied around again, and the same thing happened. I nastily took off anyway when I saw enough space, and RC tower continued the departure vectors.I have build 2205 with FSUIPC 3.04 (fully registered) on FS2K2.I did not have this problem with the previous build. (Yes, all the voice-packs are there and I would have seen the text anyway.)Perhaps some tweaks need to be enabled regarding approaching aircraft seperation, or parameters enabled in the Options tab.Also, while I'm getting traffic cautions off the ground including appropriate go-arounds, I am not getting any ground taxi cautions or collision avoidance. I thought this was added but no big deal if not. Maybe RC can't see non-transponder enabled aircraft AI.The AI traffic advisories in all flight stages are great and appropriately handled.

there is no ground "traffic calls".can you try a different runway, and see if the same thing happens?jd

I an't seem to get the "String Of Pearls" again on the cross landing runway but I did run some tests.1. To insure there was not an AFCAD problem with scenery versus threshold placement problem take-off was complete with no AI enabled.2. With light traffic TO was OK both from TO runway and landing runway.I'll wait at the gate next time for the magic fifteen minutes to fill the skies with AI (set at 85% compiled from four major airline downloaded FPs) showing a heck of a lot of departures and arrivals at noon.I'll post trying both RWYs again in heavy traffic, same weather.