Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

RC3.1 Problem

I just flew my first flight with RC 3.1 build 2205 and something happened that never occurred before. I was flying KIAH-KTUL in an Ariane 737-300 in FS9. I had FS ATC set up with my VFR fp as I've done hundreds of times. I was 13th in line for runway 33R. Co-pilot had the comms. The wait was 35 minutes! As I approached the hold short line, FS ATC gave me the go ahead to position and hold. I set my parking brake (had pilot autoreply set) nothing happened... No RC to tell me to hold short or position and hold or anything. I went ahead and and set up on 33R and held. Nothing from either RC or FS ATC. :-hmmm After about 2 minutes, I went ahead and took off. FS ATC came back and told me that I was leaving his radio control and I was free to change frequency. Nothing on RC. I finally set the frequency of Houston Departure manually, then pushed CNTRL-Alt-1 (contact departure on my AdvDisp menu). RC Departure came back and told me to maintain 4,000 ft (original clearance was to 5,000 and I was at 8,000 on my way up to 15,000!!). I requested 15,000 and was told that traffic precluded that and to wait. Then I was busted twice for missing my altitude!! I then again requested 15,000 and was told to c/m 15,000. Upon reaching 15,000 ft I flew on for a few minutes then requested 24,000. RC ATC told me to c/m 23,000. At 22,000 ft RC ATC told me to c/m 24,000. :-hmmm I then requested FL310 and was given the c/m to FL310. After that, my RC flight went absolutely normally to a landing on r/w 36R at KTUL. I was cleared to land on 36R by both RC and FS ATC. After landing, FS ATC cleared me to the gate but RC ATC had only "Terminate Radar Services" and "End Radar Contact" as choices???? Sorry I didn't save this flight in either RC or FS. Steve (Controller #12)

maybe it's the plane. i can't think of any other reason why setting the brakes wouldn't trigger the call to towertry a stock ms planejd

jd, You're probably right. I've been flying a FFX MD82 in FS9 and setting the brakes always triggered the call. Had some strange things with the copilot flying, also. The a/c would turn but the HDG indicator wouldn't move. Same with the altitude. Has to be the 737. I will try the 737 again and see what happens. Thanks.Steve

I guess I forgot that the copilot couldn't fly the Ariane a/c in FS2002. :-roll oops. :-eek He (copilot) does a good job, however, with the FFX MD82 and Nick Botamer's ERJs in FS9.