Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthewM

"Go around" questions

KSEA to KCLM. Not far, less then 80nm. I never get handed off to center which I believe is correct. I select the full IAP ILS RWY 8. Just before touch down I get the "Go Around". This happened three times. 1. Is this typical in RW or RC3.1?2. When told to go around do I execute the missed approach or wait for approach vectors?Thanks-Matt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

check the document, it it explains the what and how of go-arounds.3 in a row is REALLY unusual. unless there is a plane on the runway every single time.did you get a warning about your gear not being down? you will get a go around every single time if your gear is up. what plane is it? maybe the plane isn't properly notifying fs that it's gear is down. the question about how you like your steak would be a good indicator.on a go around, simply start climbing, clean up the plane, raise your gear, add power (probably best to do in reverse order :-) ). as soon as tower sees the positive rate of climb, he will switch you to approach, who will ask you for your intentions. check out the manual, we documented this really well. there was a lot of work in 3.x with go arounds/missed approaches.jd