Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Does copilot operate in FS2004?

I was flying the default 777-300 with RC and turned the aircraft and communications over to the copilot -- I got the proper verbal responses. I left the computer with the aircraft at FL150 on a flight plan (built by FS2004 Flight Planner) calling for FL340. When I returned an hour later, the aircraft was apparently still at FL150. It was night I couldn't get a good visual on my altitude but the dial still read "15000".Does the copilot function work all right in FS2004?I thought I'd ask the question before doing too many experiments that I don't have time to do right now.Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

absolutely, i use it all the time.was the autopilot, heading hold and altitude hold enabled on the panel?

The autopilot was on, altitude hold was engaged, and the gps/course navigation method was being used. Autothrottle and flight director were also engaged.Thanks for the quick response.I will try it again tomorrow.

I found the answer to my problem in the manual of all places!The copilot function does not work with GPS/Nav mode engaged. You must be flying with the heading mode engaged.By the way, is my manual dated November 2002 still current, or has a new one been released?Thanks for the help.

yes, nav onlyyes, the manual is current for the 3.0x release.99% up to date for 3.1jd