Sign in to follow this  
Guest KevinShea

Questions from a potential customer

Guest KevinShea

Hello,I am debating purchasing RC after just having gone for a flight and getting such crappy vectors from the FS9 ATC. I had a 737 pass me on final about 2 miles from the end of runway! And that's after the approach controller clears me for the ILS 35 miles out and has me contact the tower at the same time!!! Anyway, here are my questions.1) How user friendly is the user interface? I read the manual and it seems to show a little black box that you dock somewhere on your panel. Does it work well on the panels from PMDG or PSS?2) Does RC create its' own AI or can I still use my Ultimate Traffic? I love UT and all the AI it creates and want to still be able to use it.3) Does RC handle active sky well? I would think there would be no problem here just wanted to check.4) Does RC do a good job of vectoring and handling all the AI traffic sequencing around major airports?5) I read a review that stated that RC didn't really do a good job of interfacing with the traffic on the ground and that the guy got cleared for takeoff with three planes waiting in front of him on the taxiway. Can someone please explain this interaction?I appreciate someone taking the time to answer these questions. It looks like a good product but I want to be sure before I shell out the 44 bucks.Thanks,Kevin

Guest crabster

Hi Kevin,I'm sure jd will jump in here and answer your questions. I wanted to tell you from a novice users point of view: RC is a must have!! The user interface is extremely easy to use. It's basically like the FS9 default window, you just have better control with the interaction.I'm using Ultimate Traffic. RC interacts with the ai however, RC cannot control the ai like the default FS9 atc can. This will be changed in RC version 4.I'm using wxRE also and there are no issues that I can report.As far as vectoring and handling ai? I haven't had a problem until today. Not quite sure what had happened. There is a possibility I may have missed a radio call but I really doubt it. see: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=164475&page=Anyway, I got RC as a gift, but if I had to buy I would'nt hesitate. After using it I don't ever see myself going back to the default atc. It is really awesome. Installation was a breeze, no issues at all.I highly recommend it kevin. It reallys adds to the experience of flight simmin.Andy

Guest Scott Campbell

>Hello,Hi>I am debating purchasing RC after just having gone for a>flight and getting such crappy vectors from the FS9 ATC. I>had a 737 pass me on final about 2 miles from the end of>runway! And that's after the approach controller clears me>for the ILS 35 miles out and has me contact the tower at the>same time!!! Anyway, here are my questions.>>1) How user friendly is the user interface? I read the manual>and it seems to show a little black box that you dock>somewhere on your panel. Does it work well on the panels from>PMDG or PSS?RC works with any add-on aircraft. However, with those two, and other planes like them, that have their own autopilot, RC's co-pilot can't set the heading. You will have to make sure you have the FMC plan the same as the FS plan so you don't miss waypoints.AdvDisp, the little box, is the add-on module by Peter Dowson. It works with any panel. You cna DL and read the instructions from Pete's site at: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html RC is controlled by user-definable keys, and functions are shown on the menus in AdvDisp selectable by those keys. It's pretty simple.>2) Does RC create its' own AI or can I still use my Ultimate>Traffic? I love UT and all the AI it creates and want to>still be able to use it.RC works with whatever AI you want to install. V3.1 will tell you about AI traffic, but can't control it.>3) Does RC handle active sky well? I would think there would>be no problem here just wanted to check.Yes.>4) Does RC do a good job of vectoring and handling all the AI>traffic sequencing around major airports?RC can't control AI. RC can only tell you about it if it's in your way or on the runway.>5) I read a review that stated that RC didn't really do a good>job of interfacing with the traffic on the ground and that the>guy got cleared for takeoff with three planes waiting in front>of him on the taxiway. Can someone please explain this>interaction?As has been stated many times, one should not call tower for take-off until one is on the hold-short line, as the RC ground controller says to do. The reviewer must have missed that part in the manual or here. When on the hold-short line, if aircraft are landing or taking off, RC will hold you until the runway is clear.>I appreciate someone taking the time to answer these>questions. It looks like a good product but I want to be sure>before I shell out the 44 bucks.No problem

i think the two replies cover all your questions. let me know if you have any other questionsjd