Sign in to follow this  
Guest beachman

1. FSS WX not responding?

At uncontrolled airports CYEP and CYMM I have the 1. FSS WX available but when 1. is press all I get back is static, as if the wrong frequency was selected. Using your latest version 2264 and have looked in the manual to see if their is a frequency to tune but could not find one. What am I doing wrong or missing, help much appreciated.Grant BeachWindow XP ProIntel D850MV MotherboardIntel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz 1000 Mb RAMATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MbVMAX Flight Systems AFCS III Yoke USBCirrus Ruder Pedals USBFlightLink Twin Engine PQ USBGoFlight GF-AC Cockpit Control System1x RP48, 1x GF-P8, 2x GF-T8, 1x GF-45, 3x GF166A, 1x GF-MCP & 1x GF-LGTMicroSoft FS2002/FS2004 / X-Plane 7.00 / Fly! II

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

what version of rc?how many files in winwood11? winwood12?do you hear any controllers, on any other frequency?does it happen everytime?jd

JD here are the answers to your questions.>what version of rc?3.10.2264>how many files in winwood11? winwood12?Do not have a winwood11 & 1133 files in winwood12>do you hear any controllers, on any other frequency?I don't thinks so, but I thought I heard some background chatter if this is what your asking. - how can I confirm this?>does it happen everytime?Yes at the two above mentioned locations.Grant Beach

look at the first pinned post here. go download the 11.zip and the rcwavupdatefull.zip files, and install them.send me the .pln files for the two locations, and i'll fire up rc, and see what happensjd

JD,I don't see CYEP in a2.txt or rcfrequ.csv. CYMM does have entries, but only 128.0 in the first position, but I don't remember what that is. I know the field is pos 5.

JDMade a mistake in the location ID CYEP should have been CYPE for Peace River ( Dyslexia Kicking In ). I have installed and updated the 11.zip with the rcwaveupdatefull.zip as per your suggestion and with no avail get the same results. 1. FSS WX is available but only get static in return when 1. is keyed. At CYMM Fort McMurray I have tried frequencies 128.5 for ATIS and 134.15 for Edmonton Center. According to the Canada Air Pilot ATIS is available at Ft McMurray but no ATIS is available at CYPE Peace River. Hope this helps.Grant Beach

All is working wonderfully again as I did not have the "Tune On Contact" selected because one of my GoFlight GF166A modules is dedicated to a COMM radio for added realism. This was how ever the culprit because if I had "Tune On Contact" selected in the options tab, I would have found that 118.80 should have been tuned to communicate with FSS.Maybe for future improvements the frequency should be diplayed:1. FSS WX 118.80Thanks again for the support JD.Grant Beach