Sign in to follow this  
Guest zimmerbz

Thinking about getting RC...please help

Guest zimmerbz

Usually I fly online, but I dont like how a lot of centers are uncontrolled or how some airports will be online when I start my flight and off by the time I get there. VATSIM can be realistic, but its a gamble. I think FS9's ATC is miserable. The voices are annoying and I dont think it is realistic at all (my opinion). Yet I like to fly with AI to make airports lively. SO I usually fly without ATC and get the AI I want.....yet that to isnt how it should be done. With that I want to possibly get the realism with RC. Yet I want to know things first:1) Can I sample what the ATC voices sound like? I want to know if it is FS9 "robot like" or is it more humanized, making it less annoying?2) Is it an honest improvement than FS9 as far as realistic procedures?3) What are some plusses and minuses to this program?4) Please feel free to tell me anything you would like about this program. ThanksBrad

1) this might help. i haven't updated it with fs2004 atc, but since you know what fs9 atc is like, you can judge for yourself. check out the comparison at http://www.jdtllc.com/getting_started.htm#RC%20Comparison2) of course it is better than fs9.3) the previous comparison chart might help answer this one as well4) download the manual, see if it is what you are looking for. you can get the manual at http://avsim.com/flightdeck/rcv3/RCv3manual.pdfjd

Guest zimmerbz

But can I sample the voices that are used for the ATC?? I want to see if it is a voice or set of voices i can deal with. Thanks! The program sounds sweet though.Brad

Guest crabster

>But can I sample the voices that are used for the ATC?? I>want to see if it is a voice or set of voices i can deal with.> Thanks! The program sounds sweet though.>BradYou can deal with it! Blows FS9 voices out of the water. Why? Real atc controllers were used. PLUS you also have chatter in the background. It's really immersive. This is as real as it gets in offline ATC.Go ahead and buy it, you won't be dissapointed!!

Guest beachman

Brad You can go to Flight Decks web site http://fsflightdeck.com/rcv3/index.html and download any of the wave files. This will give you a good idea of what to expect in Radar Contact for voices, you will not be disappointed in the program and the support they offer. I feel that this has been one of the few programs that gives the best bang for your dollar.