Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Will AI aircraft be handled by Radar Contact in the future?

Impatiently awaiting my newly bought copy of Radar Contact. (Sorry, I'm just the impatient type )One thing in the manual that stands out to me as something I will miss is seeing an AI plane and hearing nothing about it. It'll just be there like a big ghost. If I read this correctly, I can change to the right frequency for where I am and still here MS talking to them but a) this is a hassle (is there no way to automate that?) and :( I suspect that would really clash with RC. I suspect both ATC's might want to talk at the same time especially in the busy areas I fly and that's ugly. Thus, are there plans down the line to essentially take over all RC for all aircraft in the sim at some point?On this topic I have one other question. I can't imagine that MS is using recordings for their ATC. They call out virtually every airport and can call out any airline we add via AI aircraft it seems. I thought they were using phonemes to do all their dynamic speech.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First, make sure you acquire the latest version of RC 3.1 and install over the version on the CD which I believe is still 3.0 (after you install the license code). This will allow RC to see AI enroute and on runqays and issue to you traffic avoidance procedures and traffic alerts. You will also need to acquire the voice pak updates as noticed in the sticky message at the top of this forum.If you search this forum regarding RC4 suggestions, you will find responses that indicate what AI control is being developed. Such items as preventing AI from taxieing on to runways when you are on close final and issueing avoidance vectors to you and AI vector control are being implemented in Version 4 for FS9 users.In the meantime, the free 3.0 to 3.1 upgrade makes quite a difference.