Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rudo

Glideslope capture at 6000 FT !!!

Guest Rudo

Hi,On approach, I was told by RC ATC to "decent and maintain 6000 until established on the localizer, cleared to land...". I was landing on LIRQ, which is a small airfield in Italy with the PMDG 737NG. RWY 5, altitude 144 ft... 6000 ft is way to high, so I was capturing the glideslope from above, which is not a good idea... It took me three missed approaches (I even forgot to lower my landing gear when focusing on the GS too much ;-)) before ignoring the designated altitude and flying in at 3000 ft to capture GS. What determines the altitude for final approach as to capture the GS properly?Thanks,RudiNOTE: Looking at the approachplate, transition altitude is 6000, than decent to 5000 and capture GS at 2600. RC ATC only gives me clearence to decent to 6000 until established on the localizer. Is it up to me to decent to 5000 and 2600?

if you can save a .dat and send it to me, i'll look at it. save it (ctrl-shift-; be default) prior to the clearance you mentioned above. or better yet, save it on downwind.you will find the .dat file in rcv3saved. you will also find in your flight simulator files directory a .flt and .wx with the same name. i need all 3. zip them up, along with the .pln and send them to me.jd

Guest Rudo

"Roger"I will fly again tonight and send you the files...Thanks,Rudi