Sign in to follow this  
Guest sbdwag

Short hops to Tuscon

Ive been flying short hops phx-tus with the PMDG 1900 and RC 3.1 b2264 is not getting me down in time. Its consistantly putting me 16 miles from the marker at 10000ft, turn right 140 until established, decend to 5500 or 5000. With Tuscon at 2300ft Ive got to decend at 2000 ft/sec or more to get below the glideslope to engage APP. Its a constant battle to get down. Also tonight I was given a go around from Runway 11 took me out and around at 11000ft and again given orders to decent to 10000 then vectored me around and told me approach 16 miles from the marker, turn right hd 095 until established, decend and maintain 5000. So here I am again slighly above the glide dropping at 2000 ft/sec to get below the glideslope. Shouldnt I be below the gs when told to turn on final?Kind RegardsDennis Waggoner

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

what is the msa, on the controllers page for tucson?

Dennis,2000ft/sec? That 120,000ft/min! Now that's what I call a high descent rate. :) ;)Joking aside, I tried the same flight and got a very similar result. I also ended up chasing the glideslope at a descent rate of 2000ft/min which is far too high at that late stage of an instrument approach. I finally became fully established at 5 miles but was then struggling with speed and configuration - not exactly what you'd call a "stabilised" approach!jd,RC4 b2360, MSA at KTUS 8400ft, .dat and other files available if required.Pete

"2000ft/sec? That 120,000ft/min!"Well it was real late and I really should not have been flyin while on the prescription cold medicine I was on. By the way on a more positive note. I love the interaction with AI while taking off at KPHX. RC got me in line on R26 behind a couple of America West 737's as I looked out to the approach I saw em stacked up at least six deep and I thought OK hows RC going to interact with this traffic pileup.RC told me to wait as I listened to it give takeoff permission to a couple of Amwest 737's by flight number then let a couple of Canadiars land. It found a nice hole in the approach pattern that gave me enough time to get on the runway and takeoff without any of the approaching planes on final being given go around instructions. All this interaction occured with Ultimate Traffic at 100 percent.Ive flown this flight at least five times.KPHX to KTUS@12000 /TUKEE.TOTEC.PIMMAVery cool! :-jumpyRegardsDennis Waggoner