Sign in to follow this  
Guest Taz

Chewing out by FAA

Hello all,Today I was on a flight from KBNA to KRDU. Between 50 and 80 miles out of KRDU I was given the option for a delay by vectors or hold. I opted for the vectors. After 4 course changes I declared minimum fuel and was routed in. After the flight I went to the critique and was reamed for not flying a direct path from point to point. I had a direct path until ATC vectored me off. Then I started to get one for not enough fuel, but RC bombed in the middle of it. I should deserve the minimum fuel dress down but why the one for routing?Also has anyone had RC crash for the same reason? ThanksSteve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the not flying a straight line probably occurred earlier in your flight. you don't get deductions for flying the vectors, unless you don't do them right.were you told several times in the flight that you were off course, and fly heading such and such? did you have a departure procedure enabled, and you didn't fly that?not sure i know what rc bombed in the middle of it means.

I don't think I flew erratically, I won't say I didn't though. I was never called on that as I recall. I had no departure procedure enabled. I probably screwed something up and don't remember, old age you know.You have answered the question I was most interested in, thank you.Steve