Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarsKluver

RC and freezing....

I read the other thread and it don't seem to come to any conclusion. As it's so long as it is, i start this new thread, because i suddenly also encountered the problem - after i started to fly around in US.Haven't seen this in COF in Oceania, Europe and South Africa - but when i arrived in the states... - it happens often - and only on approach, sometimes in the start of the descend, other times at the the end - some 10 NM from the airport. I NEVER experienced this problem anywhere in FS2K2...From reading the other thread i can understand that noone has a clue what it is, so i'm not very optimistic, though i do hope the new version you talk about comes without that "special feature" ;-) One thing, however, which one also could hope for, would be, that one day it's possible to skip all the first rubbish and go directly to the waypoint already in the starting procedures of RC when it has canceled. You are at the approach for the destination and you have to go through all the starting procedures contacting tower and delievery, being told to climb to this and fly in that direction - and when you of course DON'T DO IT as you are not even near the departure airport, you have to listen to all kind of threats, before finally having reached the place where you can choose "direct chkpoint. Having reached that and ready to press C1 you of course first have to contact the arrival airport ... etc. etc. etc. ******* Christ - it would be wonderful if one somehow could go directly to that waypoint without having to go through all that! :-)CheersLars Kl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

let's review:it isn't happening to everyone.it only happens to you in the USto even have a chance of figuring it out, i have to see it happen. i can't duplicate it. and, oh, i've tried. so there must be some commonality to the problem. that may be a clue.if you strip fs to the bones. ms plane, ms panel, ms weather, ms weather, ms ai. no special plane, no special panel, no special weather program, no special ai - does it still happen? why only in the US? all interesting questions.confused about the next to the last paragraph. if you save a flight in rc, you can fly that flight, from where you saved, over and over and over again. right from where you saved it. are you saving and loading fs/rc from rc? saving it in fs won't do it, because you're not saving the "rc state". only saves from rc, can be loaded by rc.jd

Well - i have first started encountering the problem while flying in the US. It can be a coinsidence - and probably is. For a couple of years i've been using FSmeteo - also all the time i've had Radar Contact, so i can't see that this all of a sudden should be a problem. in COF i'm using the default panels - but have of course downloaded some planes. That i started writing here was also because i can see that i'm not the only one experiencing this. I really don't know what to do - except maybe trying to remember to save the situation - in RC at a certain distance from the Airport - just in case.. When the problem occurs it's to late to save anything. If one haven't - it's a bit of a struggle to move Radar Contact to where it was at the crash - that was why i could imagine that it would be smart if you - at the time of starting up RAdar Contact, also could define where you would start. Default would of course be at the departure airport, but with an option which allowed you to define another chkpoint manually, so that RC took you directly there, when started.. But probably to difficult. I do have a program/feature of Peter Dawsons, which saves the flight with a certain interval for a 10 min period and then start all over again - and only when you are in the air, so that you always can go back to where you were, if the simulator crashes. Now - maybe there were an idea for RC? Hope you get the meaning - it's after midnight and english isn't my native language - but i guess you have figured that out! ;-)CheersLars Kl

it takes no time at all to hit ctrl-shift-; (the default key combo in rc to save a flight).peter's utility, will do you no good in this situation, because it doesn't save the "rc state"jd