Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

How does Radar Contact co-operate with MSFS 2004 ATC????

Hi,As you see my question already, I will define it with an example: Lets say I'm flying to KSFO (San Francisco) and I have to cross SFO VOR and then I get Radar Vectors to final, but at the same time I gona cross SFO VOR there is another aircraft thats gona cross SFO VOR at the same time on the Same hight. (a MSFS aircraft) How does Radar contact deal with that or is it just an update to MSFS ATC but with most realism possible???Thanks,

versino 4 will vector the other plane out of your way.v3.1, you will traffic alerts about the other planejd

In addition to what jd stated, I think you will find it helpful to know that you can specify a NOTAMS mode for departure and destination areas prior to your activating the flight plan. This enables a "flexibility" mode where you can deviate somewhat from the controller's instructions without getting busted.I generally fly with an installed TCAS so I can see the traffic around me, especially when alerted by RC ATC. This lets me adjust speed to enhance seperation and deviate temporarily from the assigned altitude, or change my heading to avoid collision. Of course TCAS only shows active transponders so if there are any VFR in your area within your altitude range, you will still need visual seperation.If you are class B airspace or above, then even VFR aircaft will be controlled or at least have an active transponder. Even with version 4 it would be helpful to have this instrument. There are types merged over an EHSI display, or seperate or combined with other instruments. There are some freeware ones available for download as well as payware if it is not already included in your panel.Yehp, I know I've said it again folks, but it really does help.You also should know that to get the most out of RC, you after getting the original CD installed and registered, download the latest version, additional voice sets so you can hear the target calls, and a fairly recent version of FSUIPC. (RC will self-register to get the features it requires.) How to do all this is in a message pinned at the top of this forum and it really is not a huge amount of data. I handled it on a dial-up. It was time well spent.If you don't mind the FS ATC window, you can also open it with the assigned key to listen in on FS ATC as well, but there really is no need usually. You can tune your COM2 to the FS ATIS to see what runway AI is using and if there is a conflict request another runway from RC ground when ready to taxi or RC approach on arrival. Version 4 will know what AI is using if they are present in the pattern.

Thanks people, I use PMDG aircraft and they have TCAS too, and aural alerts too. But in V3 of Radar Contact don't you get any vectors at all?? So, ATC will just let you crash??? :( :)

Guest Scott Campbell

>Thanks people, I use PMDG aircraft and they have TCAS too,>and aural alerts too.>But in V3 of Radar Contact don't you>get any vectors at all??No.>So, ATC will just let you crash???Pretty much. However, FS ATC will alert them and turn them.But you are at least alerted, and if you do crash, please make sure you get a screnshot and post it here. We have to chase those little buggers around the sky to colide with them. Obviously it's easier on approach.JD pretty much hijacks the AI in v4, but if you really want to, you can still crash. It's part of reality.