Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

ATIS Frequency EDDH

Hi JD,I have this little nice problem recently. In my FS9, EDDH has the ATIS Freq. of 123.125 and NOT as in the SIMCharts 123.120Do you see the comming problme? I cannot tune RC to x.125, only to x.12 That is why RC crashed FS9 down to the desktop, pointing to a atc.dll problem if I wanna send this to M$!I tried to change the frequency within AFCAD2, but that did nothing, the CTD still comes exacty when my CoPilot Otto tunes to get weather from Hamburg Weather observation (ATIS).What can I do to make it work? I don't know why this didnt happen befor month befor... I often flew there befor!

Torben,Frequencies for each airport are stored in RCFrequ.csv - found in the main Radar Contact folder. Open it using NotePad and change the ATIS frequency to 123.12. The ATIS value follows the airport name.You should turn off the default ATC option otherwise you'll hear both RC ATIS and the default one as well as causing the CTD.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

wow,wait a sec.The normal FS9 freq is 123.125 not 123.120 But RC cannot tune in 123.125 So, you'r telling me that I should change what? I already changed this RCFrequ.csv (it opend using Excel) and changed it to 123.125 But it doesnt display in the RC screen where I can setup the flightplan and airport settings for this flight.What to do? And how do I disable the FS9 own ATC totaly?

a couple of thingsfirst, you have to configure flight simulator to accept 25 khz frequencies. you can then tune in 123.125 - can't seem to find where that option is in fs2004to disable fs atc, go to options, settings, atc, uncheck everythingis disable the sound of fs atc, options, settings, sounds, uncheck atcjd

Torben,<>You can only set your radio to 123.10, 123.12 or 123.15. It isn't possible to tune 123.125. The option that JD suggested has, I think, been removed. I can't find that option anywhere in FS2004.<>Change the frequency in RCFrequ.csv to 123.12 - not 123.125. Save the file and you will then be able to tune in to ATIS.I see JD has already explained how to disable FS's own ATC.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A few more things.There is no need to select 25kHz spacing in FS9 - it now seems to be the default presumably as it's in such common use in real-world aviation, although, in Europe, we've started using 8.33kHz spacing which you really can't select in FS!.With 25kHz spacing, there's no such frequency as the 123.120 that Torben mentions.When you select 123.12 in FS or a real world 25Khz radio, you're actually selecting 123.125. Because the 3rd figure after the decimal point can only be a '0' or '5', the radios select the last figure accordingly. Here's how it works:123.100 mHz - add 25 kHz and you get123.125 mHz - add another 25 kHz and you get123.150 mHz - and so on123.175 mHz 123.200 mHzAs you can see, if the 2nd figure after the decimal is '0' or '5' then the last figure must be '0'. If it's a '2' or a '7' then the last figure must be a '5'. Radios select this automatically and controllers only pass the first 5 figures of the frequency because of this - 123.125 is actually spoken as 123.12, 123.175 as 123.17 and so on. For those ATC units with 8.33 kHz spacing, it's different - all 6 figures of the frequency are passed to make it clear that it is an 8.33 frequency and it's referred to as a "channel" for the same reason. Something you could add to the European AI chatter jd! :-) :-) :-)Dylan

So, if I understand this right, JD could now have a reason to do another update to get RC to tune on xxx.yyy digit frequencies, not xxx.yy The frequency database allows to edit a frequency to be xxx.yyy but it doesnt show in the RC interface screens.

since fs9 can't handle 8.33khz, no need for an update for me123.12 is all you need. the 5 is assumedjd

The day I started this topic, I experienced my first CTD by ATC.dll around 40nm away from EDDH while RC OTTO requested a ATIS report.Never befor I had this problem. And I fly very often between EDDM to EDDH, these my two home towns.It is funny, but I see none cause for this sudden apearence at all. I didnt change anything within german area what could have caused this CTD.Befor I had FS9 ATIS report run in the background when RC OTTO tuned to get the weather report at EDDH. Suddenly I get this CDT!

crash to desktops are caused by scenery and date combinations.set your date back a month, and see if the crash occurs. set the date to today, and see if it crashes. doubt it is rc, otto, or sun spots :-)jd

And why does this only happens when I am in range to tune in for weather ATIS south of EDDH? I was able to fly around Hamburg all day and takeing off from EDDH without RC and had none problem. If it would be a season crash, I should not be able to fly there at all at this date I set the same in FS9 for just flying around as I had as I flew from EDDM to EDDH.

i'm not the CTD expert. i'm just repeating the things i have heard from other crash to desktop victimsjd