Sign in to follow this  

POSKY 777 & PSS 777 Panel

Hi All, Does anyone have a clue how to inegrate the PSS 777 panel with the POSKY 777. I have noticed poor performance in the cruise and also poor performance in the approach mode! None of which is present when using the PSS model. However the PSS aircraft really kills the frame rates. When 767PIC came out the same problems were experienced and some kind peolpe did some work to mould the POSKY aircraft with the PIC panel. Has it been done this time for the 777? Where can i find it?CheersDal :-beerchug

There is no automated "patch" to do this for you, but it is certainly possible. Presuming you understand the basics of MSFS airplane directories and files, use the following for guidelines. First off, be sure you use the PSS .AIR file, the PSS panel, and PSS sounds. This will give you all the goodies you paid for with the PSS panel. Theoretically, thats all you need to do - merge the POSKY model with the PSS items above, and alter the aircraft.cfg file to reflect any changes. BUT - doing that will cause your POSKY model to appear in the ground, and not on its landing gear. I actually ran a POSKY 777, without modification, in MSFS to be sure that it generated contact points in its aircraft.cfg file.I cut n' paste the contact points into the merged aircraft.cfg, replacing what may already be there. The POSKY model *starts* the flight in the ground, but quickly pops up out and sits pretty on its wheels. * I'm not an expert at this, so I am probably not going to be great with answering questions, but I am sure someone in the aircraft design forum would be able to...-Greg

Actually, with the latest POSKY FDE files, I found them to work better with the PSS panel than the native PSS ones. Of course you will lose loadedit functionality, but I hardly use that anyhow.

Thanks both your your kind help!Daren :-newbie