Sign in to follow this  
grajay

Script request

Strange - I could have sworn I posted this request earlier but it's gorn :-(Anyway, I want to create some new airfield files but unfortunately the script folders don't tell me what's in some of the wav files unless I open each text file. Is there somewhere please where there's a key to what's in each wav file of pilots and controllers.ThanksEdit - Of course if I'd posted on the correct forum I might have had a response :-(

scriptscontrollerscripts give you all the controller filesscriptspilotscripts give you all the pilot filesjd

I was going to say that the existing spoken airport file names/scripts are all in the format a_ICAO - for example a_EGLL.txt/.wav, a_KJFK.txt/.wav and so on. However, having re-read your e-mail I'm not sure that's what you're asking. If you want to know what's in each wav/script file so that you can find suitable sounds to to chop up and stitch together to make new spoken airport wav files all I can say is that you've set yourself one heck of a task - good luck! :-)Oh, and as far as I know, the only way to be sure what's in each wav file is to open the corresponding txt file.Petehttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

well, you could open a dos prompt, maneuver to the right folder, and issute the dos commandtype *.txt > c:output.txtthen parse the c:output.txt filejd

And there was me thinking it was a simple request.As you say - a long road ahead, but I had a feeling you guys must have a main script to work from. Ah well, I'll just have to take a bit of time and work on it.

Just wondering again about adding airports and so I checked the pilot and controller wav folders. Am I correct in interpreting them that there are only 109 airports worlwide in RC4 (using the format a_ICAO.wav)? I'd really like to up the number of UK airports - a mere nine only - to get away from them being referred to by their ICAO codes if at all possible. Maybe you already have this kind of thing in hand so I'd not want to waste my time here.Thanks again.

Thats cool jd - I'm not that clever on this sorta thing but I now have the contents of each txt file in one big file - can you give me the command that would also give the text file identification on the same line as the contents please.Sorry to be a pain.However on a positive note I have now created 2 brand new airports for the complete set of voices and one other whch was a matter of copying and renaming the file.Hopefully this will take the pressure of all those good folks who contributed their tine to make the originals.Graham

i never figured out how to do that. you could try sucking the file into excel, and manipulating it that way.jd

Mmm - I've managed to get a directory printout but the order of the files is different to the way My Computer lists them - the list appears like this:0.txt0102oclock.txt01oclock.txt02oclock.txt1.txt10.txt1011oclock.txt10kormore.txt10oclock.txt11.txt1112oclock.txt11oclock.txt12.txt1201oclock.txt12oclock.txt etcI'd considered that would be the clever thing to do and then combine them in Excel.What it needs to be is this:0.txt1.txt01oclock.txt2.txt02oclock.txt3.txt4.txt5.txt6.txt7.txt8.txt etcAnyway, your idea has helped me hugely and I've been able to create the following airports (which work too!!)EGJJ JerseyEGNT NewcastleEGEC CampbeltownEGNX East MidlandsI've a few more planned :-)Thanks again for your help in this

keep me posted. we can make them available via avsim file forum. i can announce it on the forum, and the google group the url to download them.you've pieced together all the voice packs?very clever. good job!jd

Absolutely - it is really quite easy ONCE you've identified the appropriate wav files - most of them just take 3 files to create a very good sounding composite.I guess when I've had my fiddle you'd like me to email them to you for checking etc presumably in their appropriate folders :-)