Sign in to follow this  
Guest davfra

Altitude

Guest davfra

I just flew from EGCC to EIDW. I thought Radar Contact had forgotten me cos they gave me an altitude of 5000 and then I heard nothing more.When I checked, my flight plan, (by FSNav4) it was sending me all the way to Dublin in a 767 at 5000 ft.I`ve used FSNav for a long time and never had a problem like this before. I checked my settings -767, sids and stars and high altitude.All the way at 5000ft.I loaded the plan again. Same result. I tried a 737 with the same result.Any ideas, please?

You need to check what altitude is actually in your flight plan because that's where RC gets its information from. (I think John just had a momentary lapse when he said it doesn't):-) If you open the .pln file in Notepad or some other text editor, you'll be able to see what altitude is in it - I'll think you'll find it will be 5000ft. You can also see this information in the 'Cruise Altitude' box on the 'Controller Info' page after you've loaded the plan. If it's not the correct one, you can as John said, alter it.Petehttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

Guest davfra

The altitude in my flight plan was 5000. If I`d have checked it before the flight, I would have noticed this. This was the flight level given by FSNav.Radar Contact didn`t deviate from this level.Without Radar Contact running, I put the same details in FSNav and the same details came up. ie Manchester to Dublin at 5000 ft.No blame to Radar Contact atall. I just thought that if I were to get the answer anywhere, it would be here.

To expand on what John stated you can select on the Controller info page your cruise flight level (deviating from the one you import) and also check the departure and arrival transition levels modifying them if necessary.If you are letting FSNav control your aircraft (can it do this?) then you have a discrepency between RC ATC commands and FSNav control. I am obviously not an FSNav user but do use FSBuild 2.22 for planning the flight including fuel planning.I always proof the Controller Info page in case I forget to pick the correct flight level in the planner. Navigation will still be correct.

Hi Pete,Thanks for clarifying :-)For some reason I got it into my head that this was a previously used plan in which case the cruise altitude would be read from the .rc4 file and changing it in the plan would have no effect.Bottom line folks - it's always a good idea to double check what is set as the 'cruise altitude' on the RC Controller info page. Wherever it comes from that's what RC will use!All the best,John