Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Need help

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi there,can you please help?1) after departure tells me "resume own navigation" i engage AP and the aircraft starts a turn to get onto FMC active route.But shortly after i am warned i am off course "...off course... proceed direct when able".What's wrong with my procedure?2) why i can no more hear "cross four zero miles from..." but instead "when ready descend FL 110"?3) while landing on Rwy 18L at ZBAA i noticed a Air China 747 at the holding point; the same aircraft crashed into my tail a few minutes later while i was freeing the active rwy.What to do ? Why didn't FS9 saw me?thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

Luigi,I can help with questions 1 and 2:1) When instructed to "resume own navigation...", you should not turn back to the original route but fly from your present position direct to the fix. This accords well with real-world practice and I believe that the 4.1 release of RC will have the word "direct" added to make the procedure clearer for users.2) You will only receive the "cross 40 miles from..." type of descent clearance if the last waypoint of your flight plan is a VOR situated on or very close to your destination airport. This is something that I hope will change in future releases but, for the moment, that's the situation.Pete

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

thanks for the enlightenment!anyone for point 3?Luigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

hi JD,shouldn't FS9 have holded that f... 747 being Rwy 18L busy?Luigi ;-)

Guest Captain Dad

Maybe Osama's pals were flying the other plane!:-spacecraft Captain Dad

Guest fcpilot

If I'm flying a straight GPS direct route and ATC tells me to "resume on navigation", do I fly directly toward my filed route or do I fly the direction ADV DISPLAY tells me to fly ? Thanks Frank.

This sounds like a similar situation to the one I was having a while back where the AI were treating me like I had a big target symbol painted on the tail. Lately I've had no conflicts but then traffic has been lighter at the airports I have frequented. Having just picked up the Flight1 Super 80 I plan to get stuck into the KATL delta routes so we'll see what happens there!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Frank,Look above. This question is answered in reply number 1 to Luigi's original post!PP