Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

Still haven't actually RUN MSFS 2002!!!

I got the program installed, after a slight tune up of my computer by the shop. And I know it will run because I loaded up the default Meigs Field. Unfortunately, I never had time yet to actually take a flight!!! Then I wanted to update my video card (currently using a TNT2Ultra 32 mg card) and the computer kept choking -- it wouldn't install the drivers for it. After much gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair, I discovered my MB did not support the 2x AGP card.....DUH! So I've just purchased a new MB with a 4x AGP slot (and no, I'm not telling what kind of MB I got because I don't want to hear "Oh, that's a terrible brand ... you should have bought 'Brand X'" or variations on the theme). Anyway, I won't get my computer back from the shop until Tuesday with the new MB and new card installed. I just hope all my programs will still run after this upgrade. :-eekI really am looking forward to learning all the ins and outs of MSFS 02. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. ;-) -Lindy :-spacecraft

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Andno Imnot tellingwhat kind of MB is real terrable MB, you should return it in favor of the Andno Imnot tellingwhat isZat4a MB, as it will not have the lockup problems that you will have with he older version.Let us know how goes it. :)Paul

Actually, I love my Andno Imnot tellingwhat kind of MB motherboard a lot. I'm getting Sandra scores of 22 MIPS and 16 MFLOPS consistently although the board tends to crash after the second time. But it works really well with the Andno Imnot tellinghat Videoboard too-framerates in Flght Simulator II are a steady 1 frame per 2 seconds out over the ocean with all options at minimums-very impressive indeed, considering it has 2 Kb of EDO RAM!(mind you, I've underclocked it to 50% to avoid my aluminium case warping from the heat)