Sign in to follow this  
batchelork

Unable to Save .RCD Files

I am sure I have seen this before, so I apologise if my searches have missed something.Shortly after take-off I get a series of messages:- 'Unable to save .rcd files', followed by Run-time error 55. RC4 shuts down and that's it. RC4 has alway worked fine so I don't understand why this has started to happen now?Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi Keith,This could happen when you're running RC4 across a network via WideFS and RC doesn't have write permissions to C:Documents and SettingsyournameMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,I am running everything on one machine. I am using a wireless router but only one M/c.

Guest RickT

In addition to what Ray said are you running Pete Dowson's AutoSave program? Make sure you have the latest version installed. I believe it is v1.501. Might as well make sure you have the latest versions of both FSUIPC and Adv Display while there.

Hi Keith,Then it's almost certainly related to FSAutoSave and/or FSUIPC. Hopefully installing the latest versions of both will resolve your problem but come back if it doesn't.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks all,I have downloaded the latest verion of FSAutoSave and checked that FSUIPC is also the latest version, RC still stops. I don't know if this is relevent but I also got an error message about 'winwood 55twrwyhdg.wav' at some point,(not too sure about the 'tw' bit.

I think I may have found the problem. The 'flrwyhdg.wav' file I mentioned is corrupt. I have not had chance to try a different controller set yet. I will let you know if this fixes it.

That was it. I have not had time to do a full flight yet but no trouble getting in to the air - 'we have lift off'.

I have done a little more checking and there are a load of files in winwood55 Dale Collins that appeare to be corrupt. Mainly files beging with the letter E or F.

Hi Keith,I suggest you deinstall and reinstall and then add the 4.01 update. If that doesn't solve the problem of corrupt wavs in folder 55 report it to Rick and we'll send you another CD.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather