Sign in to follow this  
Guest davaz

Help for a New User

Guest davaz

I am a new Radar Contact user who is implementing the application on a second machine via WideFS. I thought I might ask all the questions I have for now in one note.1. When I start everything up on the satellite machine (rcv4 and ShowText via WideClient) I get a message that says

Hi Dave,Make sure that the folder containing the RCD files has 'Allow network users to change my files' enabled. RC's complaining because it can't write data to that share.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Dave,2. You can use any plane of your choice but be aware that the RC 'copilot' can only fly planes which have the standard FS autopilot.3. The .rcd is saved along with the FS flight and allows you to reload the RC state at the point the flight was saved. If you are using an addon plane whether that plane loads okay is another matter and, of course, nothing to do with RC ;-)All the best,John

Guest davaz

Ray and John -- thanks for the notes. Some comments follow:1. I tried enabling Ray's comment but it still does not work -- guess I will need to play with this one a bit.2. As far as choice of planes, I really only fly the LD767 -- it is so good nothing else seems OK.3. You have listed the flight plans in tutorials -- will just redo them in FSBuild so I can program my FMC with them.Appreciate the help -- will probably be back later with more questions.RegardsDAve

Hi Dave,<<1. I tried enabling Ray's comment but it still does not work -- guess I will need to play with this one a bit.>>Try creating a txt file in that folder from the other machine. See if you can edit and save that document and finally, delete it. If you can do it then you have adequate permissions. We can take it from there.Otherwise try deleting the current mapping and create a new one but with write enabled this time. A long shot but worth trying.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest davaz

Ray>>Try creating a txt file in that folder from the other machine.>See if you can edit and save that document and finally, delete>it. If you can do it then you have adequate permissions. We>can take it from there.>Thanks for the additional comments and staying with me on this one. I will try what you have suggestged.RegardsDave

Guest davaz

Ray -- working now. Guess I did not have adequate permissions set.RegardsDave

Excellent news Dave. Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy RC4 :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather