Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Flight1 421....Do your propellers refresh fast?

I absolutely love the 421 from the standpoint of outrageous beauty, great dynamics, and complexity. However, I notice the propellers don't refresh fast, it seems. In the spot view, and the right front/left front hat views (cockpit), the propellers seem solid....then slowly they finally "texturize". I have an Athlon 1.4 and 512 of Ram. I usually don't have any problems, although some 3rd party planes may refresh slower than others.If you have this same situation, please let me know...and also any ideas to eliminate it. Thanks, Stan

Hi Stan,The same things happens on my system. I have a P4 2.0 gig and 512mb of DDR memory and GF3 with 64mb......And I have no clue how to fix it.Have Fun!BobP :)

Same here, was going to say something, but then thought the 29.42's fixed the problem. They do not, but for me, they helped. (for all of you nvidiots out there)Cheers,bt

StanFrom what I have read over at the Flight1 forum everyone is experiencing this to some degree. It's what is called progress - software just starts getting ahead of the hardware needed to run it.They are offering some 16 bit textures for d/load which may help.David

I guess for now, we have to live with it....until some "guru" at Flight 1 finds a way to fix it. It does take away from the experience to a degree, and the software engineers SHOULD try to make it more seamless...partially because it is payware. Stan

>From what I have read over at the Flight1 forum everyone is >experiencing this to some degree. It's what is called >progress - software just starts getting ahead of the >hardware needed to run it. >Not everyone............ because I have not noticed this. Just about every aircraft; default, payware & freeware has their "vices" but I've not noticed this phenomenon. I just took it up again for a "look-see" & didn't get the experience. They just stayed as prop circles no matter how fast I switched from view to view or panned.L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRramWindows XP (home)