Sign in to follow this  
Guest cypilots

Brake that Aircraft.

Guest cypilots

When flying from EGPH on Runway 24, it is necessary to enter 24 from runway 12 in order to depart, there is no taxiway direct to 24. As soon as you enter 24 in order to turn around and line up you receive the message " Brake that aircraft". This means that you can expect to receive the wrath of you know who at the end of the flight, can this be avoided please.

Hi cypilot,I've attached a screenshot of the airport layout at EGPH. What you should do is to taxi (using the taxiways) to the position labelled Hold and by the time you reach that spot you will have been given instructions to either monitor tower or contact tower. If you have to use another runway to reach that point it shouldn't matter.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/145393.jpgWhen you're given clearance to 'line up and wait' enter the runway, turn left and backtrack to the end and turn 180 degrees until you're aligned with the runway heading. At that point you'll be given clearance to take-off.What you must not do is enter the active runway without permission but if you do as I suggested you should be okay.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wisborg

On a similar note. The other day I was taxiing to Runway 07R in Frankfurt, and I happened to take a less than optimal way, so I had to cross the runway not very far from the end of it.This caused a very strong reaction from the ATC since the controller thought I was going to line up and not cross the runway.I know that in this case the situation could have been avoided by my selecting a different route to the runway, however in some cases it could be impossible to avoid. Of course I can hold and wait for permission to line up, however that would block the runway for longer than necessary.What would be correct way to proceed in such a case?/ Jesper

Hi Jesper,Providing you keep your speed up whilst you cross the active enroute to the holding point further along you should get away with it. Keep your speed above 10kts.Don't forget to look left and right! ;)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wisborg

>Providing you keep your speed up whilst you cross the active>enroute to the holding point further along you should get away>with it. Keep your speed above 10kts.Ah, thanks :-) I probably tend to lower the speed when starting to cross an active runway to give more time to check it for dangers, so that could be it. I'll remember to try that next time./ Jesper

> Don't forget to look left and right! ;)That reminds me of a flight I did a few months ago, the prevailing traffic was (I thought) coming in on Rwy16. So I checked the approach was clear before crossing. The traffic however was coming in onto 34...With my volume up quite loud and a subwoofer on, all I heard was that subtle sound of an approaching jet followed by a CRASH noise that near blew me off my chair.This was the first crash I had triggered in FS in quite a while and it scared a considerable amount of something outta me.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg