Sign in to follow this  
davjones

4.01 update and new interface

Hello all -I'm a new user and I must say that things haven't got off to a smooth start. I read here that a replacement for ADVdisp is available, but I don't quite see where you go to download it at the Peter Dowson website. I see where it is described under "interim versions", but not how to get it. Is it a fact that it IS available to those who have the unregistered version of FSUIPC?And it sounds like v4.01 is a major update from 4.0, which is what I got on the CD. But I don't see where you get this either. I tried clicking "check for updates" from within FSUIPC, but that just starts creating some big log file and really seems to be tied to the button to the right of it, "Debug". And the NEWS portion of the JDT LLC website talks about it but there is no link, only a statement to check with the Google group for e-mail about it. I'm not in any Google groups, and don't really want to be unless it's the only way to get it. Isn't there somewhere you can just simply download it and not bother with the complications?If anybody can help me with these two things and I can permanently get rid of that awful green stripe, I think I'll be fine and can really start to enjoy what is software can do. I read here just a few minutes ago that if I right click it and then check "always hide" I'll be OK. But won't that hide the ADVDISP box itself? I'll find out this evening. In any event, it sure looks like ADVDISP is just not up to the caliber of the rest of the product and needs to be replaced.Please forgive me if I sound irritated. I think these are only teething pains, but I've read so much about what Radar Contact can do that I'm very anxious to get on with it. Just dying to fly my first trip.Thanks to all! Over to departure now...Dave JonesFort McCoy, Florida USA

Guest RickT

Hi Dave,To get the FSUIPC update you need to go to Peter Dowson's support forum http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54 and click on the second announcement scroll all the way down to the bottom of the message and click on Download under FSUIPC3553.zipWhen we sent you your last key request on March 28, 2006 the link to the RCv4.01 update was included. If you no longer have it send an email to help@jdtllc.com.We hope you will think about joining JD's RCv4 Google group. It makes it real easy for us to get RCv4 news to our users instead of starting a mass emailing campaign. You don't even have to visit the Group. You can set your account to email and every time JD posts a message that an update is available you will get an email. But it is your choice.

Rick,Thanks so much for your kind help. I think you've given me enough information that I can really get into this now. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to USE your software without difficulty once I get it set up right.I apologize for posting the question about where to download the update when you had already put the link right under my nose!Wow! 57 years old and impatient as a three-year-old. Please interpret my impatience as a credit to your product; the reviews I've read have filled me with anticipation, as (in my view) you've filled the biggest remaining gap in MSFS.Thanks again! ...DaveDave JonesFort McCoy, Florida USA

I seem to be getting the green stripe more often.When I delete it it returns with the next ATC call.This seems to have happened after 4.01.When I closed it before it never came back!