Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

Airport Missing

Hi Guys!!IAm new in this forum so i introduce myself fist. My name is ALfredo and i live in Italy.I have noticed that sometimes some airport are not in the database, like for example LIPX and LMML.. In this case I have the flight plane where the airport doesnt exist and the programm doesn vector me. How can i add the missing airports? Thank You Alfredo

Al,Welcome to the forum. We have an Italian on the beta team, so he's usually our Italy expert :()If I understand you correctly, when you go to FS and position yourself over LIPX, you don't see the airport at all?I just checked, and LIPX is a default airport in FS, so you should see it. From RC's point of view, LIPX is also contained within its database, so there should be no any problems there.It sounds like all you have to do is click "Rebuild Database" on the main RC screen, and that will search and create new entries for all your airports including LIPX. Try this, and hopfully you shouldn't have any more problems.Subs

Hi Al,I'm guessing that you have addon scenery for these airports.I have found a problem with the Malta scenery by Daniel Chirop. If your's is the same as mine the work around is to go to the folder where you have that scenery installed and rename the file AF2_LMML_Malta.bgl to zzzAF2_LMML_Malta.bgl. It will still work fine in FS but will also allow RC to recreate the database correctly.I guess there may be a similar problem if you have an addon scenery for LIPX. Again try and find the AF2_LIPX.bgl for that scenery and rename it zzzAF2_LIPX.bglBasically I'm trying to ensure that the 'AF2' file is the last file alphabetically in these folders. This has proved necessary with one or two other sceneries.After you have renamed the files run the RC 'rebuild scenery db' again and see if the problem is solved.All the best,John

Thank You very much for ur Suggestion John.. Yes i have all Add-on scenery for both airports :). Thank You again very helpfull

>Al,>>Welcome to the forum. We have an Italian on the beta team, so>he's usually our Italy expert :()>>If I understand you correctly, when you go to FS and position>yourself over LIPX, you don't see the airport at all?>>I just checked, and LIPX is a default airport in FS, so you>should see it. From RC's point of view, LIPX is also>contained within its database, so there should be no any>problems there.>>It sounds like all you have to do is click "Rebuild Database">on the main RC screen, and that will search and create new>entries for all your airports including LIPX. Try this, and>hopfully you shouldn't have any more problems.>>SubsHi !! No the problem is that when i load a flight plan from LICJ to LIPX LIPX is not recongnized as airport and It appereas LICJ@...no airport after...But i think John answered to my problem. ANyway thank you for ur interest as well.. I didnt see ur reply soon :D