Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

FSmeteo or ActiveSky?

Hi,Do both FSmeteo and ActiveSky (latest releases) work equally well with RC?Which do you beta test with now?Regards,Vaughan Martell, Jr

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vaughan,Both will work equally well with FS and therefore with RC4. You appreciate we can't officially endorse a particular product but I've used both and of the two I personally prefer Active Sky as its cloud textures increase frame rates quite substantially as well as providing some unique features.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,Thank you.Regards,Vaughan

Best Regards,

Guest Douglas Thompson

I'll use ASE6 in designing the parameters for the VMC Apch code (v5).

Thanks again,Vaughan

Best Regards,

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, RayAs you can see I followed your instruction and here I'm with RC supporter banner. Thanks againDoes ActiveSky connect in the internet to download real weather, real time too or is it just a much better FS9 weather?

Guest paddock524

Yes it does.Bob p

Hi Eduardo,Thanks for your support :) AS6 can download current weather or that for a different hour date. Not sure how far back the data is held.It does all that as well as providing extra like turbulence behind a heavy if you get too close on finals. Too many things to tell you here. Have a read on their website www.hifisim.com/Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Much much better than FS2004 weather, here's why (I love Active Sky)1. Hundreds of cloud textures that the program mixes and matches depending on the weather downloaded - so thousands of weather possiblities2. smooth weather transitions - so you fly into and out of weather - no more sudden weather shifts3. smooth wind transitions4. wake turbulence and thermals5. downloads weather live, or you can download archive or make up your own weather6. many more weather stations reporting weather than the FS2004 server7. comes with a weather radar8. you can load flight plans into Active sky for detailed enroute weather, including winds aloft planning.This program transforms the flying world - and when I'm flying, the weather is what I see the most.

Guest cirurgiao

You have done a very good job to make me to try ActiveSky, mainly the possibility to interact with download weather (if I got it right).1) Do you need a huge pc to run FS9+RC+ActiveSky on one computer? Or do you run it in a 2nd pc with WideFS?2) Its weather radar goes in a window inside FS9?ThanksEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Just to say I bought ASv6Eduardo

I run FS2004 (mid density autogen), Radar Contact, FSPassengers, Activesky and use FS global mesh - no problems - using a P4 2.85g, with a 128mb FX5700 graphic card.All run smoothly - advice - start up active sky first as it takes a minute or two to download and process - I start it, then do my flight planning, then enter my flight in Activesky, then start FS2004 and once loaded up, alt-tab out to start Radar Contact last.Weather radar is a module and is assigned a hot key - you can pop it up anytime in any aircraft - switch it on and load in your flight plan.

Eduardo,Hi. I have all three going at the same time, plus litterally hundreds of addons, including some serious framerate hogging scenery. It runs fairly smoothly, considering.Some of my hardware is as follows:AMD XP2600+ (2.08GHz)single core processor1GB DDR333 RAMnVidia GeForce FX 5600 Ultra AGP 8x video cardBoth SATA/133 HDDs and PATA/150 HDDs (no noticable difference between them in FS9)I run everything at the absolute max, including my video card (I want realism!). I have every single airline flightplan pack available from PAI (Project AI) installed and active, with all stock FS9 GA aircraft deactivated. Plus, lots of custom military flightplans, Airforce 1, etc. installed.With all of this going, the only times I seem to run into problems is when I'm at a very complex SimFlyers airport (like KLAX) with some serious cumulus overcast, and multiple cloud layering going on. Then I'll get framerates down around 5 or 10.One thing I have found with ASv6 though - they have added a new part to Version 6 called "ActiveSky Graphics" (ASG). I've found that this little module can cause some serious problems if you set it to automatically submit graphics textures while you're flying (in preferences). ASG will periodically load into memory and completely destroy my experience by dropping framerates to like 1 or less, and totally overload my processor so it's difficult to get out of FS to kill it (close ASG out of the taskbar). So if you decide to use ASv6, I recommend disabling the ASG auto-submit feature. (Options/Graphics/ Auto-Submit Box: UN-CHECKED)I have been seriously considering getting one of the new AMD64x2 2.2GHz processors, along with one of the new nVidia SLC 6800 Ultra PCI Express cards. Does anybody out there reading this think I would have any worthwhile increase in performance with such an upgrade??Thanks,SK

Guest abulaafia

I've dumped both in favour of Weathermaker, which is a lot less complicated and buggy. It works perfectly with RC4.

Hi,Do you happen to know if Weathermaker works with Fsbuild?Regards,Vaughan

Best Regards,