Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyhog

Strange Happenings

For some reason RC has been giving some bad ILS vectors. SometimesI,m so far out I don't pick up the Loc and other times I am kept toohigh to pick up the GS. This has happened at KBOS,KSLC,KLAX,KJFK. ATJFK I was on base at 9000 and then given intercept vectors and toldto descend to 3000. This seems happen on a regular basis lately. I have to blow the approach and ask for IAP. I.m trying to remember exactly when this started and I think it is more since I went FSUIPC3.60. I have downloaded the 3.615 tonight but have not had a chanceto try it. All these flight are with LDS 767.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

this happens, usually when the msa is a higher than normal height, which means i have to keep you higher when your traveling downwind, which means you have to go further out, before turning to base.when you are turned to base, watch the fsuipc/advdisp window. when the heading to the airport, is within 5 degrees of the runway heading, start turn toward the runway heading.you'll be close enough to the localizer when you start receiving it, then make your slight adjustmentsjd

Thanks JD I'll keep an eye on that. I'LL check that MSA with my charts also.