Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roger Eve

Smartsound

Guest Roger Eve

Hi All,Having run RC4 perfectly since it was released, I now have a problem when I start the program. A text box appears saying it is "configuring Smartsound Quicktracks Plugin". This fails and a new box appears stating "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".If I cancel these boxes twice RC4 then loads and runs perfectly.I have Smartsound installed on my PC (i.e. I have a folder with this name and it contains a subfolder called quicktracks which in turn contains various *.dll's.Has anyone any thoughts please?

i've heard about similar things in the past. it's usually the result of a new piece of software you added, or updated.what's changed since rc was working? go to control panel, add and remove programs, and see if you see anything that looks like it might be the cause of the problemjd

Guest Roger Eve

Hi JD,Thanks for the quick reply. I have recently added Battlefield 2, so perhaps this is the cause. As I do not wish to remove this I will probably have to live with the error messages.Roger

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Unless you specifically wanted this program, I would delete all traces. in general unannounced programs like this are trouble. This one already is. My son has BF2 on out computer and nothing like this happened. Sounds like a program that piggybacked onto your computer via a download of some sort. Search goggle about it.

Guest Roger Eve

Thanks for that "CowlFlaps". You were quite right, it was nothing to do with BF2. The Smartsound had sneaked in with another freeware video program. Uninstalling it stopped the problem with RC4 and BF2 is fine. Why starting RC4 should try and restart it I do not know. Who cares!Cheers Roger