Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

A minor quibble

A minor quibble regarding phraseolgy. As far as I am aware the word "airport" as used in RC clearances eg "Request clearance to xyz airport" is not used in Australian airspace. Not sure of the exact local wording but it is something like "Qantas 456 request airways clearance as filed". But happy to be corrected on this by any RW aussie pilots/controllers.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"As far as I am aware the word "airport" as used in RC clearances eg "Request clearance to xyz airport" is not used in Australian airspace"I don't think it's used anywhere outside the USA but I can reassure you that it's already been "flagged up" for correction by the non-US members of the beta team. There was also a very lively discussion about it on this forum when RC4 was first released and I know jd has this in hand for a future release. "Not sure of the exact local wording..."This general issue about "local wording" has come up several times before but it's worth repeating - outside the USA, with the exception of a couple of UK-specific phrases which I've included because they make things clearer, this version of Radar Contact does not simulate the procedures of any single region or specific country. In reality, outside the US, there are as many variations to procedures, phraseology and so on as there are countries. To cope with this, what I've tried to do is to provide a generic set of procedures and phrases based on ICAO SARPs which give a good general impression of ATC outside the USA.Have a look at this reply I posted to Neil Bradley on the same subject: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=20168&page=2Pete

Thanks - now that you mention it I do remember that this issue has come up before. Glad to hear that it is on the "to fix" list for a future release.

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."