Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Can't Rebuild Scenery

When I click on 'Rebuild Scenery' a message askes if this is a Widefs config, when I answer no, another message says makerways is not in your FS path. What does this mean, I am using version 4.2.3828.Also when I click on 'Check for Updates' the Debug program starts ??Glen

Glen

it means that rc did not find makerwys in the path that is in the registry, indicating where flight simulator is installed

jd,Thanks, how do I correct the problem please.Glen

Glen

if you don't have a lot of add-ons, scenery, planes, etc - it might be easier to uninstall fs9, and install fs9there is also a utility mentioned a couple of days ago, that populates that registry key for you. can't remember what it is calledjd

jd,Thanks for the help.I've done a search in the FS9 folder and on my hard drive and makerwys.exe is not there. Would it be possible for someone to send me the file so I can put in the FS9 folder and try the rebuild again.Many thanksGlen

Glen

if the registry path isn't present, fsuipc.dll, advdisp.dll and makerwys.exe are put into the root of c: by default. look for it there, and put the two dll's in the fs9modules directory, put makerwys.exe in the root of fs9then try it againjd

fsuipc.dll and advdisp.dll are both in the FS9Modules folder. makerwys.exe is not in FS9 or C: I have carried more searches and it dosen't seem to be on my hard drive, I assume it was at one time but somehow its got deleted ??Glen

Glen

I noticed in another message jd asking the person to contact Rick for a copy of makerwys.exe. I sent Rick an e-mail and he replyed within about 30 mins with a copy of the missing file. I have installed this into the FS9 directory and the Rebuild Scenery DB is now working ok again. I don't know why the file was removed in the first place ? anyway excellent service Rick thank you very much.RegardsGlen

Glen

Guest realm174

>if you don't have a lot of add-ons, scenery, planes, etc - it>might be easier to uninstall fs9, and install fs9>>there is also a utility mentioned a couple of days ago, that>populates that registry key for you. can't remember what it is>called>>jdI believe you're referring to http://tweakfs.com/ which was the one I used, as noted in thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=20343&page=cheers!Realm174