Sign in to follow this  
Guest KrazyIvan

AI Issues

Hi guys,I know it's been touched on before in here, but since updating to 4.2, I've heard a lot less AI traffic chatter than I had previously. Then one evening while lining up for takeoff at KPHX, I found that the AI was rolling right onto the active without being cleared and taking off...then being told by RC to contact departure. Not only that, but despite three different aircraft taking off, all used the same callsign. Very odd behaviour. I finally managed to slip into a spot while another aircraft was still taxiing onto the runway and squeeze into the line...otherwise I would've had to wait for another couple of aircraft to turn in before I could take off safely.This got me wondering what was going on...I know that AI had been acting unusually, but this was pretty extreme. I made sure that "Interact with AI" was checked, and rebuilt my Ultimate Traffic BGL file and the Radar Contact runway database. Then I bumped the traffic level up to 90% (it had been set at 80%) and taxied over to a quiet spot by the active at KPHX again to watch traffic. Several things I noticed...AI doesn't get cleared onto the active runway. Even though I'm on the Tower frequency, I don't hear a peep about clearance to takeoff from any AI. The first call I hear is the tower telling the departing plane to contact departure. When Tower does call a departing AI, many times RC will use the tail number of the aircraft and not the call sign. I specifically noted Delta, America West, and Southwest flights called by tail number, and sometimes multiple aircraft will be addressed by the same tail number.Next, AI aircraft leaving a runway on arrival are not contacting ground at all in RC. They stop, contact the FS ATC, and motor off to the gates without so much as a nod to RC's controllers. I wouldn't advise getting in their way, either...many times they seem to expect you to give way to them when there's a conflicting path...and I've had some very close calls in midair with traffic that Radar Contact didn't seem to "see".It seems almost like something in either the FSUIPC update or the RC update has squirreled up the AI interface. Ground control seems to have no hold over AI, and Center seems to lose track of AI planes as well now. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or not without a major update, but it is causing some difficulty in dealing with the AI, to the point that I'll have to really dial back the number of AI flights. If I can give you any more information or details, let me know...I don't get too much time to dig around and set up specific log files, but I'll help out however I can.-Ivan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

duplicate the problem, with debug on. instructions on how to do it are pinned at the top.what version of fsuipc do you havejd

Well, I thought I had downloaded 3.70...I knew that 3.65 had some issues. But somehow that got lost in the shuffle, because when I double checked the version, it was still 3.65. So I updated FSUIPC and checked again. Same problem. I fired up debug mode and set up to run through the plan, and suddenly everything was working...so now I just have to fly everything in debug mode, lol (kidding!)I'm guessing that this was the 3.65 issues causing all the problems, and it just took a restart to clear everything out. I still have the debug log if you want it, but it seems like a moot point now :D I'm glad Radar Contact is once again watching my back, too...a UPS 727 tried to perform a midair refueling maneuver with me on final to Louisville, and thankfully RC shooed him off before he could get too close. I think I'll dial back the traffic now. Thanks JD.-Ivan