Sign in to follow this  
Guest cirurgiao

Best config to WideFS

Guest cirurgiao

Hi anyone who uses WideFSAfter making a huge upgrade with my equip (AMD Athlon 64 X2 +4400 dual core / 2GB DDR RAM / 3 HDs in SATA / Asus NVidia GeForce 7900GTX) I still have my old pc (P4 3,0GHz HT / 1GB DDR RAM / 2 HDs in PATA / Radeon 9800XT).Would like to use WideFS to low the burden in the main (FS9) pc. So I'd like to know if I can let FS alone in the main pc and put RC & ASv6 in the 2nd pc.Plus some instructions how to use RC & ASv6 in this 2nd PC (the keyboard to use in RC and the sound will come from the 2nd pc?)ThanksEduardo:-zhelp

Guest Segwin

Hi Eduardo:I run AS 6 and RC 4.2 as well as Flight Keeper from my wideFS machine (older laptop). My FS rig is almost the same as yours. It can be done but it takes time to get everything setup right. If you follow the detailed instructions in each package, AS6, RC etc. you should have no problems. Both AS 6 and RC have great customer support so if you hit a bump in the road there is a life line.You need to buy both FSUIPC and wideFS for it to work.The sound from RC will come out of the wideFS computer but the control will come from the main FS computer keyboard. Using a wideFS machine is great, no text in the cockpit, just a nice full screen view!

Eduardo,Go to the Avtive Sky forum. There is a post "WideFS / ASv6 - HOW TO (Extensive Info)" that is very helpful on how to install WideFS with ASV. It also helps for RC4.Search for other posts with WideFS in the titles in both ActiveSky and RadarContact forums (quite recent in both cases like 2 months ago).

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Guest JTEK99

>Go to the Avtive Sky forum. There is a post "WideFS / ASv6 ->HOW TO (Extensive Info)" that is very helpful on how to>install WideFS with ASV. It also helps for RC4.Agreed. That particular post is the best for getting it all set up. Highly explanatory and a fantastic summation of all the various and sundry WideFS posts that are scattered everywhere. Recommended reading.

Guest cirurgiao

Thanks, guysIt really helped very much.I'll follow your instructions as soon as possible.Eduardo

Guest cirurgiao

I've already the FSUIPC 3.70. I'll get WideFS from simmarket.com as soon as possible.Since my "old" pc has both RC4.2 & AS6 installed I think my troubles will be configuring WideFS (I hope).I just bought a Creative Blaster Audigy SE sound card which I intend to put in the main pc, although I haven't speakers enough to fill this sound card.Thanks, Terry:-wave

Thanks guys, I'm glad some people are getting some use out of that WideFS thread I wrote one Sunday morning, which turned into a six-hour essay, LOL. If you have any trouble with WideFS, give us a shout here or in the ActiveSky forum. As you can see from my sig below, there is plenty of stuff to run on the wide-client machine.Heed my caution regarding the later purchase of WideFS from Sim-market. You must purchase WideFS with the EXACT name and e-mail address used to purchase FSUIPC. It is the only way the GUI will accept the WideFS key. Good luck and have fun tinkering.BTW, from what I've read, you can patch the line-out from the Wide-client sound card to the line-in jack on the wide-server sound card to get sound in your FS9 speakers. I haven't tried this yet, but its on my list of things to do.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE