Sign in to follow this  
Guest shnewsman

question from satisfied user

howdy all:1) am now flying the columbia 400. is "columbia" in the RC vocabulary? if so; how do i activate it? i believe it's in a .dat file but forgot how.2) i flew the columbia 400 three times with RC. great flights but i kept getting reamed in the critiques for busting the passing restrictions. had the plane checked off as a 'prop.' turns out RC was bringing me down from FL220 at 40 miles out instead of farther out. when i checked it off as 'turboprop,' it corrected the situation. just FYI if you fly turbocharged pistons if you didn't know already.sean

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) columbia - use the entry "Air British Columbia"2) i think you mean the crossing restriction. props cross at 4000/5000, turboprops at 7000/8000, etcbut, i'm surprised i wait until 40 miles out to bring you down. are you sure you're not missing the "i need you level in 30 miles or less" crossing restriction, or the "descend at pilot's discretion..." crossing restriction?that should happen much further awayjd

thanks for the columbia tip.yes i meant xing restrictions. sorry. i start down at the 30 miles or less command...at 1500 fpm. still got reamed. i found checking the 'turboprop' box eliminates the problem.sean>1) columbia - use the entry "Air British Columbia">>2) i think you mean the crossing restriction. props cross at>4000/5000, turboprops at 7000/8000, etc>>but, i'm surprised i wait until 40 miles out to bring you>down. are you sure you're not missing the "i need you level in>30 miles or less" crossing restriction, or the "descend at>pilot's discretion..." crossing restriction?>>that should happen much further away>>jd

Hi John:using AIR BRITISH COLUMBIA doesn't just say "columbia," so that won't work. can just 'columbia' be entered in the .dat file and there be a corresponding word? perhaps i can edit it?sean

sorryif there isn't a wav file which contains columbia, then we'll have to add it to the script for v5 recordingjd