Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

v4.3 Feature Request: Otto gets PD descents & Final VOR nm

JD,Using the PMDG 747 with VNAV a lot lately, I'm finding it somewhat annoying that I have to take the comms back from OTTO just to get a PD descent request sent, and the fact that I usually have to repeat the request 2 to 7 times to eventually be granted approval.Preferably in v4.3, would you please consider adding a option-checkbox in the controller or general section whereby, if checked, and OTTO has the comms at the T/D, he would automatically request, and immediatly receive, a PD descent?This way, if we have VNAV enabled, and OTTO gets a PD descent, and the MCP-Altitude is set somewhere lower than the current FL, it will automatically begin the descent according to our programmed FMC path. This would also allow us to set the "pause at distance" nm closer to the arrival. Currently, we have to set the pause distance well before the expected T/D in order to take comms back from OTTO just to ask for a PD. This is important for us long-haul pilots who walk away from the cockpit during those long oceanic flights.Oh, and another issue, in order to get possible weather delays, you indicate that the FP must end with a VOR within 5nm of the arrival. The problem is, at a lot of arrivals the closest VOR is 5, 10, 20nm away from the arrival. Could you please make this distance configurable or at least increase it to 10 or 20nm?Thanks in advance for the sincere consideration

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

there will be no features added in 4.3 - 4.3 will be a fsx compatible version of 4.2the items you mentioned are on the v5 listjd

OK, if I really have to wait that long, LOL... Certainly glad to know it it's in the v5 plan though... Thanks again for listening to us customers.:-yellow1Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE