Sign in to follow this  
Guest knack

Messenger pigeon comm speed

Guest knack

Hello,I've been using RC4 for a long time with no problems at all.However, a strange issue has cropped up recently and specifically after installing FlightScenery's Portland. But my problem may not be connected with that installation.It now takes f o r e v e r for communications between the flight deck and RC4. This starts right from the beginning when requesting weather and continues into the flight phase as well. There seems to be a 30-45 seconds gap (at least) between RC issuing instructions then after my hitting 7 to ackowledge. By the time I can acknowledge and act I've busted my height allocation a couple of times at least.Any idea what may be causing this? Both LevelD and PMDG were the aircraft addons used and the only thing that was changed in FS9 was the addition of Portland. Yes, I did run the runway update utility in RC4.Please help because flying blind is NOT pretty!Cheers,Tony

can you remove the scenery, and see if the problem disappears? then we will know where to look.i've heard of issues with scenery relating to portland, but not with delays as you are describingjd

Guest knack

Apologies for the long delay getting back to you, John, but it seems my comms delays were part of a Windows death rattle...Approximately a week later with a fresh install of everything, RC instructions are coming through loud and clear and on time.Flightscenery's Portland has not yet been installed. When I get that installed as well I'll let you know if the problem reccurs (which I doubt).Is RC5 going to be FSX only?Cheers,Tony