Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

LCLK curiosity

Guest abulaafia

I have been flying ex LCLK for the past week and observed the following (FS9, AFCAD installed): LCLK has one runway, 04/22. 22 has an ILS, 04 doesn't. RC4 always assigns RWY 22, even though winds for the past few days (via AS6) have been 030-050 at 6 to 18 knots. AI Traffic lands at 04 though. I have very little AI traffic installed. At around 600 ft, RC4 instructs me to go around, every time, even though the runway is clear. I am a bit stumped, this is the first time I come across such a situation. How do I locate the problem? Will a log help?

Hi Marten,I have a feeling RC will pick a runway with ILS ahead of one that doesn't. I'm not entirely sure of the priority sequence because it also looks at which runway the Ai are using.I suggest you request a different runway and use the one the Ai are using otherwise it could be nasty :-erksOn the go-around problem a log would certainly help. Zip it up and send to the support address with a brief description of the problem. I'm assuming you do have your gear down :) Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest abulaafia

Doesn't make much sense though ... to use an ILS runway when wind is EXACTLY in the opposite direction. Tried a different AFCAD last night ... same problem still.

Marten,We really need a log for this please. Make sure you zip it before sending it to the support address. This is not a problem that we see very often. It could be down to a bad AFCAD. Can you supply that one here? I'm using the one supplied by Ultimate Traffic but haven't tried a flight into Larnaca.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Marten,I tried a flight tonight from Cairo to Larnaca and with winds of 327/04 I was assigned 22 for landing. I've asked the question amongst my fellow testers as to which runway end should be assigned. I suspect that winds of less than 5kts are deemed to be calm so it would make sense to use the ILS end. But with stronger winds from the north I would have thought 04 would be used.Hopefully we'll have a answer for you soon.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather