Sign in to follow this  
Guest TPN_Turnip

Weird thing happened outside of PHNL

Guest TPN_Turnip

I flew from KSFO to KPHNL (Honolulu). When I was descending, approach handed me off to another approach controller, he gave me a frequency to contact, but it didn't match the one on the ADVDISP screen. The COMM frequency automatically changed to the correct one, but I had no way of switching RC as the frequency listed one ADVDISP was incorrect.Any ideas?TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

create a log, details pinned at the top of the forum. duplicate the problem, and send me the .logjd

Guest TPN_Turnip

I wont be able to get to it until Sunday. I just flew from KLAS to KLAX and was handed off to another approach controller. The numbers that show up on the small ADVDISP screen, aren't the ones the controller is calling out. Therefore I can't switch freq. Seems to be a bug as it has happened on both flights.TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

if it was a bug, then everyone would be having the problem. they aren't.need to see what is going on, on your machine

Guest TPN_Turnip

JD, I had time to make the fligth from Las Vegas to Los Angeles again and was unable to duplicate the error. This is kinda weird as it happened on my first and second flight. As a real world pilot, I am fluent in the operational procedures involving all aspects of ATC. With that said, I have a couple of observations:#1 When I installed RC, I didn't reboot before trying to run the sim.The reason I say this is because after departing KLAS, I was actually given a heading to fly AFTER takeoff. This did not happen on both of the previous flights. It would have let me fly all the way to Seattle and not said anything. Again... just an observation.#2 While decending to 12,000, the approach controller told me to hurry up and decend to 12,000 as I needed to be level within 30 miles. I was at 12,600 at the time, decending at 2000 FPM. I do nat have the approach plates for KLAX so i was unsure of any alt. rest or speed restrictions. Will RC callout the speed that you need to be at if you are to fast or slow?I will continue to log a few flights just to make sure this glitch has disappeared.Thx for your time. The flight to KLAX this morning was awesome.TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

1) if tower gives you a heading to fly, instead of runway heading, it is because of ai conflicts on the runway heading.2) 30 miles or less crossing restriction is because the last checkpoint is not near the arrival airport (within 5 miles). documented as "new crossing restriction" as opposed to the old crossing restriction ("cross 40 miles from xxx at 12000)i don't have any concept of approach plates from the real world. you will be reminded to slow to less than 250 below 10000. you may also get speed calls on downwind and base, if you're zipping around too fast.jd

Guest TPN_Turnip

One problem I'm having is understanding what to expect from ATC on departure.If I am cleared for takeoff and am flying runway heading, at what point do I start my own navigation. ATC will not give me "fly heading" callouts. I deaprted from KLAS to KRNO on 25R. (Flight #1) I was cleared for takeoff and maintained that heading. I tried once to turn towards my first waypoint and was told to turn back to runway heading. My second attempt at the same flight, I flew the runway heading until I was told that I was off my planned route. Of course by then, I was vectored BACK towards KLAS to intercept a waypoint.Any ideas where I'm screwing up?TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

when you switch from tower to departure, he will clear you to the approximate heading of your first checkpointif you have a departure procedure, you're expected to fly it, you won't get any vectors. center will clear you on course.do you ever get switched to departure?

Guest TPN_Turnip

Yes, I get switched to departure and told to climb to XXXX altitude. That is all that happens. I am flying the tutorials again to see if I missed something. As stated, I tried to fly the runway heading until told to turn ( or resume own nav ) and I also tried to fly the Dep waypoints and was told to turn back to the runway heading. I will be working until Sunday so am out of time to fly today. I'll hit the tutorials again on Sunday and get back with you. Thx for your time.TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

does clearance say "via departure procedures, then as filed" ?send me the .pln, maybe i'll fly it. take a break from coding.....jd

Guest TPN_Turnip

It's Sunday and I'm back home. I'll send you the plan.TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM