Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

Some Doubts

Guest wtsapchy

Hi all,I have several questions need clarification :1. Why the transition level and transition altitude shown in the controller information page are always 1000 feet lower than those shown in the FSUIPC window when RC started ?2. In RC, you could set the tolerance range for heading / altitude / speed, just wondered what the tolerance range is in real life ?3. Having used RC for so many years, I knew every tips to successfully complete a flight under RC and somtimes felt, forgive me to say, a bit routine and boring to fly under RC again. Are there any challenges within RC that anyone could suggest ? What are the challenges in future RC ? What is the next level of realism in ATC that RC could offer to us ? I desperately look for it !!!4. Just wondered anyone used google earth and RC together in wideClient PC while flying FS. The google earth will mess up RC. Anyone knew a solution for this ?BRDanielVHHH

1) keep in mind the transition level is based on your transition altitude and the pressure at the departure and arrival airports. so there is a mathematical relationship between the transition altitude on the controllers page, and the transition level in the fsuipc window2) in v5 we will have two standard sets of deviations, one that is related to part 121 the other part 91. you can look those up in the 7110.65 for details. they may be in the far/aim as well3) as doug has told me many times. atc is supposed to be boring and routine. you don't want surprises every day and every flight. if you want something more interesting, fly into/out of a uncontrolled field. or fly out of an airport with a departure procedure. change the weather. set you holding option to always on.4) how does google earth mess up rc?

Guest wtsapchy

Hi all,If you use both RC and FS Earth (which is in fact Google Earth linked by a module in FS that allows the position of your plane shown in Google Earth) on WideClient PC at the same time, many weired things would happen in RC. For example, the DTG of the waypoint shown in FSUIPC window will freeze, controller will repeatedly tell you to sqwak transponder even though you had tuned the right figures, controller would continuously tell you to turn to a heading but no 'Acknowledge' choice appeared in FSUIPC window, then after you turned to the heading, the controller would just repeat what he just said, sometimes all the information in FSUIPC window would just freeze, no updating of waypoints, etc.BRDaniel

maybe it's not rc, but an overworked widefs or networking problems.can you try rc, fs, google earth on the same machine?jd