Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirForcePilot

Three Problems

Guest AirForcePilot

Hey JD. Another thing I just noticed is that RC is really quick to jump on you for certain things. For instance, I was flying the Level-D 767 from PHNL to KSEA today and when I got handed off to Seattle center, they told me to descend to FL240. Before I could even get 24000 set in the ALT window of the MCP and hit the FL Change button, the controller jumped on me for not following his instruction. I know in the real world your supposed to comply promptly with ATC but not like that. Its one thing if they call you up and say "NO DELAY or IMMEDIATELY" due to a traffic alert but when all else is normal, they wouldn't snap back that quickly on you. They do the same thing with flying headings sometimes. If you have the autopilot on LNAV and they tell you to fly a heading, they'll jump back on you before you even dial in the heading on the MCP and hit the HDG Select button. Can you rectify this in V5 by any chance?Another thing I noticed is while I was on the ILS 16R into Seattle, a 737 called up saying they were on a 2 mile final. I went to the spot plane view to see him and he was closing in on me really fast. I thought RC was able to control AI speed in flight. I know of a free program called AI Separation that'll just delete an AI aircraft if he's to close to another plane but is there anyway for RC to better separate AI traffic going in and out of airports? I know you can't decide which runway they use but I'm just wondering about spacing. When I was rolling down the runway to take off out of Honolulu, I saw an MD-80 sitting on the runway as if to cross it. I didn't see the plane until I was coming up on V1. I paused the sim, went into settings, and chose "ignore crashes" just so I didn't have to start my flight over. This is similar to the problem I had the other day going into KSFO with that 747 sitting on the runway the same way as this MD-80. Neither plane was moving, just sitting there. I never had this problem before this past week. From now on I'll just run the debugger on every flight I do so I have it incase I need it afterward. Thanks JD!!!

if you have auto reply on, or the co pilot is flying the plane, maybe you should handle the comms, and manually ack the clearancesdon't say that you're going to climb and maintain, until you have twisted all your dials, and pushed all the buttons, and you're ready to climb and maintain.second, you don't say whether you are on approach or tower. i only take control of the ai while you're on tower freqthird, without a log, i can't help you. make sure you've rebuilt the scenery database after each scenery modificationjd

Guest AirForcePilot

I was on the tower frequency. I was on about a 1 mile final. I rebuild the scenery database every time I install scenery. I really like the F/O handling the frequencies. I think its a great feature, I just don't think the controller should be so snappy. I'll debug every flight from now on so I can send you the logs.